• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

Some of the bigger totals in jersey so far..

Morris County...
Mendham                      30.0 in   0720 PM 02/01   Public
Ledgewood                    26.0 in   0547 PM 02/01   Public
1 WNW Long Valley            26.0 in   0500 PM 02/01   Public
Randolph                     25.8 in   0700 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Chester                      24.8 in   0330 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Lake Hopatcong               22.0 in   0710 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Chatham                      20.3 in   0410 PM 02/01   Public
Green Pond                   20.0 in   0420 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Netcong                      20.0 in

Sussex County...
Sparta                       28.3 in   0730 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Stanhope                     25.3 in   0530 PM 02/01   Public
Hopatcong                    24.0 in   0615 PM 02/01   Trained Spotter
Stanhope                     24.0 in   0417 PM 02/01   Public
Byram Twp                    22.5 in

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&product=PNS&issuedby=PHI

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

My forecast numbers for the I95 are going to miss by 2-3x, haha.  They are getting blitzed right now.  I guess I forgot what a stalled low with beautiful upper level dynamics can do on the coast in mid winter. Sadly, I think my upstate numbers will be more accurate :(

What were your numbers for Upstate?

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, quite a different between you and the King.

Yeah, he's all in.  I'm on the West Side of Roc and bitter.  I think this is a great storm system meteorologically, I'm just not impressed by the throwback scraps in these situations for us in far WNY..it rarely works out. Cuse is on the cusp of legit snows though.

That said, this storm stalls for a lot longer than similar systems, so perhaps once its really closes off and matures it will be able to channel a lot of moisture back west.  Then there is the question of whether or not a deformation band will setup somewhere this way along with the lake effect wildcard.  I'm certainly tracking it and hopeful, but just not feeling really confident.  

Im planning to hit Greek Peak on Wednesday which should be a very solid day.  They have great glades!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, he's all in.  I'm on the West Side of Roc and bitter.  I think this is a great storm system meteorologically, I'm just not impressed by the throwback scraps in these situations for us in far WNY..it rarely works out. Cuse is on the cusp of legit snows though.

That said, this storm stalls for a lot longer than similar systems, so perhaps once its really closes off and matures it will be able to channel a lot of moisture back west.  Then there is the question of whether or not a deformation band will setup somewhere this way along with the lake effect wildcard.  I'm certainly tracking it and hopeful, but just not feeling really confident.  

Im planning to hit Greek Peak on Wednesday which should be a very solid day.  They have great glades!

Ahh, Greek Peak. Taught my daughter how to ski there a couple years back...nice mountain-hill...lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, I have similar thoughts as yours. I have mentioned I really think this is going to be a situation where you could do awesome if you're under one of the bands for a while...but if you're outside of it, it's going to be a tough pill to swallow. I think it's going to provide bigger pleasant surprises for some, and bitter disappointment for others. Just hopeful it's more surprise for as many of us as possible. 

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

One thing I want to point out Delta, the 850’s are forecast quite a bit colder than they were forecast yesterday. I share your concerns about how far west the good stuff comes but I gotta say, I think it’s  possible. image.thumb.png.d2a61cfe94c914e520027bc7b021b5b2.png

5 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Ahh, Greek Peak. Taught my daughter how to ski there a couple years back...nice mountain-hill...lol

For a smaller mountain, their glades are really impressive.  It always blows my mind when they have the snow how much terrain there is, and its pretty technical.  I only go when I know I can get off piste though...and Wednesday looks pretty prime.

11 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

One thing I want to point out Delta, the 850’s are forecast quite a bit colder than they were forecast yesterday. I share your concerns about how far west the good stuff comes but I gotta say, I think it’s  possible. image.thumb.png.d2a61cfe94c914e520027bc7b021b5b2.png

NE lake enhancement is one of my favorite setups.  I feel like big DeltaT's arent as critical with a lot of background moisture and lift.  Those are right around the 13 degree benchmark though so we should be in play, perhaps doing a little better because the lake temp is probably 4 or 5 degrees above freezing for some portion of the center of it.