• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Synoptic Snowstorm 2/1-2/4

41 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yeah, he's all in.  I'm on the West Side of Roc and bitter.  I think this is a great storm system meteorologically, I'm just not impressed by the throwback scraps in these situations for us in far WNY..it rarely works out. Cuse is on the cusp of legit snows though.

That said, this storm stalls for a lot longer than similar systems, so perhaps once its really closes off and matures it will be able to channel a lot of moisture back west.  Then there is the question of whether or not a deformation band will setup somewhere this way along with the lake effect wildcard.  I'm certainly tracking it and hopeful, but just not feeling really confident.  

Im planning to hit Greek Peak on Wednesday which should be a very solid day.  They have great glades!

Monroe County has been predicted to have insane gradients pretty much the whole time. I just hope I end up on the right side of it.

I didn't harbor any illusions about getting into the synoptic game on this one and was deferring to people who know how LES plays out in this sort of scenario. 

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

You can always tell when the storms aren’t trending by how dead it is in here

Agreed. Who is starting to get the feeling that there will be a lot of disappointed people west the SYR? I'm betting on the 3 inches and if we get 6 that would just be having our cake and eating it too.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

That's because we're all tired of waiting.....and....waiting....and waiting.... Definitely NOT one of those winters where it likes to snow from any cloud that moves overhead.

I still like Syracuse for this one. Rochester is a lot trickier I think. It feels like I’ve been tracking this storm for a year. I’m burnt. Got my second vaccine today and just waiting for the side effects every one has complained about 

4 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

I got home early...Back in Caz.  Per College of Dupage's radar, I should have some healthy echoes over top of me in 20 minutes or so. 

I'm located at the red dot.  I'll report how quickly the snow ramps up.

Notes_210201_224859.jpg

Looks like it's coming down decent in Hamilton. The webcam quality is poor though. They used to have great webcams there.

149.43.156.105/mjpg/video.mjpg

11 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Just got in from snowblowing. We have 6.8 so far and coming down around .5"/hr or so I'd say.

1430292553_WUNIDS_map(15).gif.58333f3944bc9420396f434f4c51c8e5.gif

Finally picked up in Cooperstown and at the Otesaga resort- my view is of a frozen lake and don’t know how much is falling and how much is blowing off the lake.  Got really nasty...finally

• Like 2