Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

47 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

WOW, aren't they usually more conservative , I mean especially with the models showing drier ? and what's with the N n W totals,,,don't get me wrong I will take 4-6 in New City but as I said after the overnight runs they appear to me on the high side. What did they see at 4 a m to say this ?

These numbers look like a long shot right now, maybe upton expects models to tick wetter today? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

These numbers look like a long shot right now, maybe upton expects models to tick wetter today? 

That has to be it, its News12 so huge grain of salt needed but they just mentioned they're sticking with the higher totals for now and not trusting the 6z drier runs yet.

Good morning again... I need a little help here from our XMACIS climate experts.  Sooo many posts. I may have missed something you already did.

The attached is CP max snowfall in an 8 day period in their entire climate history.  Seems like we're heading into special territory if we get the ~6" forecast for tomorrow in CP.

Already 15.4. 

Your thoughts?  Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 8.18.30 AM.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Good morning again... I need a little help here from our XMACIS climate experts.  Sooo many posts. I may have missed something you already did.

The attached is CP max snowfall in an 8 day period in their entire climate history.  Seems like we're heading into special territory if we get the ~6" forecast for tomorrow in CP.

Already 15.4. 

Your thoughts?  Thanks. 

It has been a very snowy period. It will be interesting to see how things stack up over a 2- or 3-week period, as there may be some additional snowfall opportunities.

13 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Already 15.4. 

Your thoughts?  Thanks. 

its missing Jan 2016