Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2-7-21 Sunday 8-12 hour nor'easter snowstorm roughly 5A-5P

wdrag

12 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Think this is just the NAM correcting to rest of guidance. It was obv a bit over amped. Once we get under 24-36 hours we can start seeing if the fronto band can get far enough N to get the heavier stuff into Philly/nyc.

There really isn’t a consensus yet since this storm just jumped nw today on the models. NAM beyond 48 hours is unreliable in general. 

• Like 1

Friday the 5th - 649AM: Little change. Snow is coming and will continue increasing area seasonal snow totals higher (pushing normal or above by the start of the Super Bowl). I haven't checked seasonal normals except what I know for NYC (already above) and our area of nw NJ (at or above).  Thinking the 06z/5 NAM may be a bit robust and since the GGEM/RGEM are keeping the bigger snowfall se NJ southward, therefore am reluctant thinking of warning amounts in our subforum, more generally a 1-5", 6-12 hour snowfall North to South. A pleasant refresher on an almost national holiday. 

Graphics are

1) NWS statistical ensemble chance of 2+" by the time the Super Bowl is complete (does not include this morning).

2) NWS snow forecast issued at 4am/5. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 5.16.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 5.46.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 5.46.41 AM.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Sign we'll see some NW shifts?

Doesn't seem to be much interest here in this one Ski; could be people are burned out from the big one ( cleaning that 18 inches with the sleet on top was exhausting: I was still cleaning yesterday as the snow came of my solar panels in an avalanche....and buried the snow blowers ) so maybe a 1-3 type deal isn't exciting enough....plus its raining today ugh

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Doesn't seem to be much interest here in this one Ski; could be people are burned out from the big one ( cleaning that 18 inches with the sleet on top was exhausting: I was still cleaning yesterday as the snow came of my solar panels in an avalanche....and buried the snow blowers ) so maybe a 1-3 type deal isn't exciting enough....plus its raining today ugh

yeah who cares about 2-4 inches when you just had 18!  LOL.   Just kidding.  NAM running now.

• Like 1