• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

Phin doesn’t come in and comment when good posters like Bob Chill say the place is bad because of people like Ji and others. The risk of losing those people should matter more. 

But hey, it’s better to come in and make troll posts about people he’s got grudges against. I’ll admit I don’t like Phin. It’s not a secret. I don’t have to get along with him. But I don’t go into SNE to stir shit up. Some people can’t help themselves

• Like 1

Just now, Cobalt said:

This is rich coming from the poster who decides to spend his afternoon getting reactions from a forum he's not even within 500 miles of. Read the room, please. I'm not sure how that much negativity can manifest itself in someone such as yourself. Did the 24,000 preceding posts you've made not teach you anything?

I was posting on these boards while you were still in diapers, weenie. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

I was posting on these boards while you were still in diapers, weenie. 

Which is telling considering your level of maturity. I get it though, this subforum still exists rent free in your head, even while you physically distance yourself in it. It's not bad to admit that you get a kick out of posting to this specific board. I mean, I'm feeding into it right now by responding to you (not for long though). Enjoy your scattered snow showers though!

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Everyone here needs to remember there is an ignore feature and use it. It will make your experience much more enjoyable. And if I make your ignore list so be it. No one can tell when they are being ignored. 

Unless you tell them, like how I ignore Ji and live blissfully 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

But perhaps you are Falstaff (false staff)!!

OK, exiting the elevator quickly while the odor of that particularly lousy pun percolates!

I enjoy your puns (any puns, really), but get the biggest kick out of your profile name. I am a chess fan (though generally suck at playing), but after having taken German for six years in middle/high schools, I used to try to find the hardest words to say in German. I think "zugzwang" has claimed that trophy.  ;)

Zugzwang | Definition of Zugzwang at Dictionary.com

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

I missed your follow up posts, to yourself. Now I’m laughing and apologize for my part in the bad vibes 

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

My bad. I’ll eject from things and go back to posting memes and bad maps

Nah, I'm not blaming anyone.

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I’m fasting for Ash Wednesday :( — so you’re getting sober Tim.  Way less fun.  :lol: 

Now get off my lawn!

I'm giving up 20 lbs.

Everyone needs to listen to the Kings "Switchin' To Glide."  And it's helping that I have one of @Scraff's mystery silver cans to enjoy.

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

Probably much better for the blood pressure, I'm sure!

He’s not that bad.Ji is Ji and either you love him, or find him incredibly tedious. I am of the latter and it’s better for all of us if I ignore him. He does know his weather, and when he wants to be serious he is a worthwhile follow/read. It’s the other 90% of his posting style I can’t stand. I do not have the patience for that. 

• Like 2

Just now, vastateofmind said:

I enjoy your puns (any puns, really), but get the biggest kick out of your profile name. I am a chess fan (though generally suck at playing), but after having taken German for six years in middle/high schools, I used to try to find the hardest words to say in German. I think "zugzwang" has claimed that trophy.  ;)

Zugzwang | Definition of Zugzwang at Dictionary.com

Why thank you!  I have always appreciated bad puns (the only sort that are good!).  And yeah, my screen name comes from chess, and is a German word (I enjoy chess though haven't played as much of late, sadly).  I took German for 2 years in high school and a couple of years in college, really liked it!  I actually got halfway decent at being able to read it reasonably well and even carry on an OK conversation.  But that was MANY years ago, I've forgotten a lot of that by now!

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

He’s not that bad.Ji is Ji and either you love him, or find him incredibly tedious. I am of the latter and it’s better for all of us if I ignore him. He does know his weather, and when he wants to be serious he is a worthwhile follow/read. It’s the other 90% of his posting style I can’t stand. I do not have the patience for that. 

Totally agree, and I'm more or less on the same page as you...I find him tedious.  It is kind of sad in a way, because I have seen some really good and insightful posts he has made.  But yeah, that's overtaken by the vast majority of the time when he's insufferable; maybe that's his "thing", but nobody needs the model or storm threads taken up with it.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

The issue is what his flaunting of the rules does in terms of tone - provides cover for a LOT of posters who do NOT know their stuff (and Ji knows his stuff) to adopt that tone and do so with some terrible analysis. It's what one of his frequent meltdowns sets off that becomes the issue. 

It does make it harder to keep a thread focused 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

LOL its so true. 

No doubt. Once you get down Mountain Road towards Chesapeake, the income goes up. Some of the neighborhoods outside of Gibson Island, but pretty far down the road are all big mansions. I grew up closer to the Severna Park area.

There are some other places throughout the area that are higher income as well. Back in the day Berrywood (technically Severna Park) was one of them. Fairwood in Lakeshore comes to mind. There are also multi-million dollar waterfront homes scattered through the neighborhoods. Compass Pointe (Ft. Smallwood Rd), one of the newer communities, is nice. There are others as well.

Just now, mappy said:

It does make it harder to keep a thread focused 

And hence the need for mods. You can also deter people from participating by making things too rigidly structured. I think it is a compromise to some degree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KAOS said:

There are some other places throughout the area that are higher income as well. Back in the day Berrywood (technically Severna Park) was one of them. Fairwood in Lakeshore comes to mind. There are also multi-million dollar waterfront homes scattered through the neighborhoods. Compass Pointe (Ft. Smallwood Rd), one of the newer communities, is nice. There are others as well.

Agreed, I mentioned closer to Gibson island as I was most familiar with those nice homes. It’s where all the popular kids from my days lived. :lol: I dated a guy who lived off N Shore, wasn’t on the water but oh man was it a really nice house and lot. 

Just now, mappy said:

Agreed, I mentioned closer to Gibson island as I was most familiar with those nice homes. It’s where all the popular kids from my days lived. :lol: I dated a guy who lived off N Shore, wasn’t on the water but oh man was it a really nice house and lot. 

I'd sacrifice a lot of snow for waterfront property on a quality crabbing and white perch creek.

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

Makes sense given its proximity to CHS. I used to hang out on the Island all the time.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I'd sacrifice a lot of snow for waterfront property on a quality crabbing and white perch creek.

No doubt. I didn’t have that, but we did have a small boat my dad would take us out on, on the Magothy. Friends had a dock and ramp, so we’d just park and launch from there. Caught my first bass on that river. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic