Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st CAD event

BooneWX

This is what my DC brethren are saying tonight:

Idk this was a huge bust in NOVA. I am sitting at 2 compacted inches after 15 hours of snowfall. Pretty soul crushing dyer days of double digit fantasy maps

“Never, ever depend on a Miller B at our latitude “

They’re spot on with the Miller B stuff. Even if it hits perfect Central NC gets dry slotted and ends up relative minimum consistently.

• Like 1

Chuck Copeland:  

Even after all the rain today, there’s still snow around in areas. 

This around 5:30 pm Sunday evening as we were visiting my parents (SE of Windsor, NC). We captured a clip of the leftover snow and developing fog. 
Bertie County received between 3-5”.

#encwx #ncwx #snOMG https://t.co/MyxCgaWh8y

15 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Chuck Copeland:  

Even after all the rain today, there’s still snow around in areas. 

This around 5:30 pm Sunday evening as we were visiting my parents (SE of Windsor, NC). We captured a clip of the leftover snow and developing fog. 
Bertie County received between 3-5”.

#encwx #ncwx #snOMG https://t.co/MyxCgaWh8y

I was up there all weekend and it was a good storm from what I saw. I guarantee you some places had 6+ just not reported. Deep winter all weekend, ground covered and in the teens Saturday morning with deep snowpack in shaded areas. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I was up there all weekend and it was a good storm from what I saw. I guarantee you some places had 6+ just not reported. Deep winter all weekend, ground covered and in the teens Saturday morning with deep snowpack in shaded areas. 

Yep. NC Mountains and Northeast NC have had a good winter thus far.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blueheels2 said:

Might be the wrong place but I have work to do at the NCVA border tomorrow morning.  Planning on leaving Raleigh at 5 am.  Should I be concerned.  My van will not like slick roads.

Its below freezing all over triad now. Fog is pretty thick with echoes popping up on radar. Windy out of the north as oppossed to se,sw last night.

10 minutes ago, Leesville Wx Hawk said:

How far north in Durham County  are you Bull City?  I’m right on the Durham/Wake line about  3-4 miles north of Brier Creek.

I’m about a mile from the Orange County line off Bivins Rd and seven miles due NW of DBAP. It’s a weird spot for soundings because I’m equal distance from IGX and TDF. RDU is a bit further. @Isopycnic is about 4 miles SW of me and I think @Avdave is actually in Brier Creek.

There wasn't much of a range in the temperature today at my location just west of Eden. I had a high of 32.7 and a low of 31.5 which also happens to be the current temperature. The current dew point is 31.2. There has been some intermittent sprinkles and light freezing rain for the past 30 minutes or so. 

The pictures below were taken earlier today showing the glaze from the freezing rain that fell this morning. 

205624139_13121.jpg.6c4b239f3230097c767eca1ad4a97d2d.jpg

400971608_131212.jpg.d5575fb4fa938d4d0051549e7704cc85.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Disc said:

@kc4wsd @Tullioz How much ice/freezing rain would you estimate you guys actually had? I see the photos there but hard to tell. Anyone else in Rockingham or Caswell receive freezing rain? If so, how much?

@Disc I would estimate I had up to around .10" by mid-morning yesterday. Most of the rain that fell was run off due to marginal temperatures and intensity.  I noticed when driving to Reidsville this morning Wentworth and the western Reidsville area had more icing than I received at my location. Probably in the .10 to .15 range between yesterday and what fell last night. 

[mention=13982]kc4wsd[/mention] [mention=1075]Tullioz[/mention] How much ice/freezing rain would you estimate you guys actually had? I see the photos there but hard to tell. Anyone else in Rockingham or Caswell receive freezing rain? If so, how much?

@Tullioz or@landof2rivers might be a better one to estimate an actual amount, but I'm going to say it was barely a trace of sleet and freezing rain. The snow was only a dusting on the grass and bushes at my location . . . MAYBE 0.25", if that. After the rain yesterday, almost all the snow is gone.
Sorry, I'm not going to be much help on this one. Hopefully the next one will bring us several inches and I can share more information.
David C. in Eden

There wasn’t much to see in my backyard. Trace of snow on the grass but mainly on the mulch; a little more snow on the cars. As for ice, the only build up I noticed was on the tips of the rhododendron leaves at my kitchen window, and that didn’t last long.  I didn’t notice anything on trees in the yard away from the house. It stayed between 33-35 all day here.