Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks. Looks like best dinamics SW into NJ PA. CT river valley issues shown nicely. Best place to be if u do not like snow is on boat east of Boston.

That will shift around though and with qpf being what it is...just get the mid levels to track right underneath us, that’s all we want to see. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah we know that hole won’t be there. They disappear each run 

It makes sense to me....just as the precip type concerns do out my way. There is going to be an area of lesser QPF between the original H5 closure back in PA, and the coastal taking over.

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Starting yesterday, I went into the late bloomer camp and I'm gonna run with that scenario.  See how it plays out.

I agree...issue is where does it bloom and how late lol I have always bought the first H5 closure jack in mid atl, with a lull either in NYC or CT, then secondary maxima ORH points ne into ME.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It makes sense to me....just as the precip type concerns do out my way. There is going to be an area of lesser QPF between the original H5 closure back in PA, and the coastal taking over.

I don’t see that at all. This should have relatively uniform qpf except where we see the deform set up over western and central areas where there could be a bit more. We’ll probably see the CTRV shadow like we did in Morch 2013. And your area probably stays snow . EPS outlines it all 

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Starting yesterday, I went into the late bloomer camp and I'm gonna run with that scenario.  See how it plays out.

Yeah... initial thump=>transfer=>late bloom redevelopment. Clearly depicted wrt how the models are distributing the QPF. I know queens gonna queen, but it is giving us a clue imo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t see that at all. This should have relatively uniform qpf except where we see the deform set up over western and central areas where there could be a bit more. We’ll probably see the CTRV shadow like we did in Morch 2013. And your area probably stays snow . EPS outlines it all 

Ultimately, I agree about my area remaining snow because the OP is more amped than the steadfast EPS mean, however, I do see the relative lull in your area as a very prominent feature.

image.thumb.png.9ebb82913583aef6fceef4e9a9e94602.png

Assuming the operational guidance have the general idea correct....this is a funny looking system for our parts. Definitely not our traditional WAA transitioning to CCB set-up. It reminds me more of a great plains blizzard where the system gets so wound up and precipitation is focused into an intense 100 mile wide band. Except in this instance the band doesn't sit and rot over one spot, it continues its march north.

If we want high end totals, then I think we want this thing to slip eastward rather than northeast ward. Keep the flow of Atlantic moisture for as long as possible. Otherwise it's really just a 8-12 hour thump. (which is still nice).

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ultimately, I agree about my area remaining snow because the OP is more amped than the steadfast EPS mean, however, I do see the relative lull in your area very apparent.

image.thumb.png.9ebb82913583aef6fceef4e9a9e94602.png

My area on your maps depicted there are the same as yours. What you are seeing further to my west is the model depiction of where it thinks the CTRV is. They always are too wide on either side of it in shadow events. You know that. Deep east flow. I actually like NE hills CT for more than your area 

• Confused 1