Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

RGEM is drier as well, across IA into NW IL.

here we go. surprised with the make up of this set up were seeing this negative trend begin this late in the game. Was hoping we could carry the upbeat vibes right through until go time from 3-4 days out. Rarely happens. 

3 minutes ago, Baum said:

here we go. surprised with the make up of this set up were seeing this negative trend begin this late in the game. Was hoping we could carry the upbeat vibes right through until go time from 3-4 days out. Rarely happens. 

Both the 0z NAM and RGEM are better than 12z. I wouldn't get too worried yet.

Edit: The NAM isn't better than 12z necessarily, but it isn't worse. I'm talking NE Illinois only.

36 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

It is kind of neat to see people from IL, IN, and OH in here at the same time actually in the game together. 

I talk with a lot of Chicago, DC, and Northeast folks on Twitter and this has to be the first time I recall all of us having chance at significant snow from the same storm.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mimillman said:

Just sayin it was good last time

There was a system last winter where the RGEM was an outlier/more bullish on the southern end with snow through this area, and it lost out to the consensus.  That one is stuck in my head... I took it personally ;)

It is interesting how it wants to paint that heavy band through IND.  Anything is possible but it's pretty hard to take it seriously since other models really aren't even close to showing so much snow at IND.

• Like 1