Ginx snewx

February the climo snow month

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

68.8”

 

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Oct 6.2

Nov 0.9

Dec 22.9
Jan  8.9

feb 29.9

Looks like 68.8

I'm getting my teeth kicked in up here. Just edged over 45" with last night's fluff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yep, and even some of the Philly suburbs are top 5 or 10 all time FEB snowfall.  Nice zone from there up through SNE

 

Feb was pretty boring outside of the storm on the 1st. Total snoozer. Yeah, some bread and butter around but nothing special. 

Good snowpack and temp regime, however. Good for skiing. 

I hope March is active at least. Such a boring stretch but I still see signs the wood chipper is in place to shred storms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

18Z Euro 

download (9).png

How's the kuchie? With iffy 2m temps and insolation it may be more representative for the lower els.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

How's the kuchie? With iffy 2m temps and insolation it may be more representative for the lower els.

No Kuchie koo at 18z. Temps were colder overall though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

 

I'm getting my teeth kicked in up here. Just edged over 45" with last night's fluff.

And PWM just barely cracked 40” - just under 1/2” below normal to date. Meh-ing our way to climo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

 

I'm getting my teeth kicked in up here. Just edged over 45" with last night's fluff.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

68 seems high for them.    That’s more than me or ORH so far.  

Isn’t your total almost 70”? That map looks pretty good for around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

 

I'm getting my teeth kicked in up here. Just edged over 45" with last night's fluff.

Yeah, I’m at 43 which is just OK here so you are getting kicked to the curb by winter 2020-21 up there.

Let’s hope for a big March for both of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

 

snow_ytd_neng.png

Look at the difference between ORH Co. and Franklin Co, crazy gradient.  I’m down low relatively speaking but we have big elevations in these parts and Worcester just laughing at us still. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I’m at 43 which is just OK here so you are getting kicked to the curb by winter 2020-21 up there.

Let’s hope for a big March for both of us!

I would say I need 15" in March to get to normal for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

That early Feb system where we got 5 inches of glop, we were just on the line.  I'll bet Blue Hill received well over a foot on that one.

That system is nearly the exact difference between you and I.  I probably have some elevation in you and somehow managed 9 inches of cement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

 

snow_ytd_neng.png

Has my entire county in SVT above 80"--that's a pretty big county wide crushing, although I think its high down in Bennington where it shows the 82"--don't think it's that high in the  extreme SW part of the state.

104.3" here, definitely higher than climo average for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, backedgeapproaching said:

Has my entire county in SVT above 80"--that's a pretty big county wide crushing, although I think its high down in Bennington where it shows the 82"--don't think it's that high in the  extreme SW part of the state.

104.3" here, definitely higher than climo average for sure.

That looks like Green Mountain range is 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Has my entire county in SVT above 80"--that's a pretty big county wide crushing, although I think its high down in Bennington where it shows the 82"--don't think it's that high in the  extreme SW part of the state.

104.3" here, definitely higher than climo average for sure.

That’s pretty good. About 115” here. Your 40” spot in December helps as mentioned before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That looks like Green Mountain range is 80s

Yea, most of the county is made up of the Taconics and Greens, so the map is just smoothed out I guess missing some of the valleys that slice through.  But I would say even most valleys are near 80 outside of down by DDH like I mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kdxken said:

What's your estimate for Sherborn / Holliston?

I have about 61-62” in Holliston. I only did significantly worse than ORH in the 12/5 storm. I actually did slightly better than them in the 12/17, 2/7, and yesterday storms. They did a little better in a few other smaller ones. Basically a draw in the 2/1 storm.

What did Sherborn get in the 2/1 storm? There was a ridiculous cutoff just east of here. Millis center had about 7-8” of slime while we got destroyed up here. Prob depends where in Sherborn too. Did you notice a difference between Southborough and Sherborn in that one? Southborough obviously got crushed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have about 61-62” in Holliston. I only did significantly worse than ORH in the 12/5 storm. I actually did slightly better than them in the 12/17, 2/7, and yesterday storms. They did a little better in a few other smaller ones. Basically a draw in the 2/1 storm.

What did Sherborn get in the 2/1 storm? There was a ridiculous cutoff just east of here. Millis center had about 7-8” of slime while we got destroyed up here. Prob depends where in Sherborn too. Did you notice a difference between Southborough and Sherborn in that one? Southborough obviously got crushed. 

See, this is what I mean...people like Scott call me out for bitching "because Holliston beat me by 1" in a random storm"....but this just proves my point. That area beating me by over a foot is a pork job...its not a random event here or there. It's been just about every event this season. I'm over it, at this point, but I'm glad you posted that because it illustrates my point perfectly.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have about 61-62” in Holliston. I only did significantly worse than ORH in the 12/5 storm. I actually did slightly better than them in the 12/17, 2/7, and yesterday storms. They did a little better in a few other smaller ones. Basically a draw in the 2/1 storm.

What did Sherborn get in the 2/1 storm? There was a ridiculous cutoff just east of here. Millis center had about 7-8” of slime while we got destroyed up here. Prob depends where in Sherborn too. Did you notice a difference between Southborough and Sherborn in that one? Southborough obviously got crushed. 

Sherborn did well 2/1 although less than southborough. Probably around 14 or 15. I'm located probably 2 mi from the holliston border. Thanks for all your great information. Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.