Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It seems we have been discussing @Typhoon Tip 's fast flow meat grinder for several winters now.  I dunno' maybe it just seems that way but I can't readily recall the last slow moving juggernaut storm we had that gave us all some love.

Its funny you mention this, Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that has a place in Bridgeton and Eustis where i stay when i ride, We were talking about this next week and this winter in general and how its similar to last winter up here, He's originally from Wrentham, Still has a place there, And says the plowing he's had to pay for this year is killing him..................lol

I just took a look at the long range on the main models I use for my analysis (Euro Canadian and Navy) and I this is what I see:

Right now the Miller B threat on the 22nd is low probably as it develops too late based on what I am seeing on the Navy Euro and Canadian. The 26th storm threat is cutting to the west on the Canadian, on the Euro it appears to have some front end before going over to rain as the low passes to our west, and the navy appears to have plenty of precip with lots of warm air ramming into a cold airmass. Extrapolated, my analysis is that the navy would likely be a more euro type solution with a front end and then changeover to rain as the low looks like it is moving west. Both threats need work, but the main takeaway here is at least the models have a low for both threats. The risk with the 22nd is it develops too late and crushes Downeast Maine and Nova Scotia, and with the 26th the risk is like with Mondays system it tracks too far west, bringing the warm air in and changing us over to rain. The key will be if we can get the 22nd low to dig more, that will result in earlier cyclogenesis, bringing the risk of blizzard conditions for a few hours to Eastern Mass as well as Downeast Maine and Nova Scotia. This will not be a Feb 2013 situation due to a more progressive flow, and the storm will likely be a fast mover. However fast movers can still produce decent amounts of snow, and more importantly if this storm undergoes earlier cyclogenesis and peaks farther south that will buckle the flow, making it so instead of being west to east it is more SW to NE, giving future storms room to dig as the northern stream energy stops crashing into the west coast and instead drops into the middle portion of the country. This would allow storms to amplify instead of getting shredded by the flow, leading to miller Bs redeveloping farther south, undergo earlier cyclogenesis, and move slower, giving us the potential for historic slow moving blizzard that we haven’t had in years. 

Vertabraim this is not a good euro run, the flow is too fast which won’t allow storms to amplify or slow down. We need some help via the 22nd storm bombing out more to buckle the flow. Even if this happens to late to give Eastern Mass a blizzard, If it can amplify to the 960s even if it’s in Nova Scotia, a storm that big will change the pattern to a more amplified one. We have the cold in place to get a historic blizzard, but this run the flow is west to east and that won’t work if you are looking for something big. If we can get the changes we need the 22nd, even if it’s not enough to bring snow to eastern mass, then I will get more excited about the 26th. I really don’t like the setup on that euro run even if it has a big snowstorm, the pattern isn’t right with an extremely fast flow. I don’t buy that snowmap one bit with the flow like that, if that doesn’t change I would be shocked to see more than 2 inches in my backyard. 

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

Vertabraim this is not a good euro run, the flow is too fast which won’t allow storms to amplify or slow down. We need some help via the 22nd storm bombing out more to buckle the flow. Even if this happens to late to give Eastern Mass a blizzard, If it can amplify to the 960s even if it’s in Nova Scotia, a storm that big will change the pattern to a more amplified one. We have the cold in place to get a historic blizzard, but this run the flow is west to east and that won’t work if you are looking for something big. If we can get the changes we need the 22nd, even if it’s not enough to bring snow to eastern mass, then I will get more excited about the 26th. I really don’t like the setup on that euro run even if it has a big snowstorm, the pattern isn’t right with an extremely fast flow. 

That's a repeating mantra I'm reading on this forum and it's not right really ... The system bombing does nothing up stream/ after the fact.

The "slowing" of the flow begins with whole scale meridian curvature - western ridging over N/America.  That storm can bomb it's way across the N/Atlantic it has nothing to do with what is orchestrating from the lower OV-MA NE regions after the fact.