Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

20 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

I’d say both heh. Heavier precip on lead edge. Stronger HP but Thicknesses a touch N since main wave is slightly stronger.Here was 1hr snow on last period. This was some heavy stuff 

Agreed. Piece of the TPV is once again stronger and lingers North of us a bit longer as the trend has been, but the sw is stronger and attempts to undo those positive changes. Midlevels look marginally better, except for 700mb temps which stick out like a sore thumb. Still a heavy thump of wintry precip for sure. 

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Doesn't it tend to run warm too?

We have a met on Philly forum that has done some stat verifications on it. It runs too cold. Overall it’s done a decent job this winter imo. Bottom line is you want it to be showing snow if there’s a chance. Just another piece of guidance though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying to get mulch delivered on Friday and need it to arrive when it is not going to precipitate for the next 24 hours. 

So, my forecast question is - do we think whatever happens on Thursday should be out of DC by Friday morning? 

(I'm also assuming here that I'm not going to have a foot of snow on the ground then. But this is a risk this winter has confirmed that I may feel comfortable taking.

2 minutes ago, NovaWahoo said:

I'm trying to get mulch delivered on Friday and need it to arrive when it is not going to precipitate for the next 24 hours. 

So, my forecast question is - do we think whatever happens on Thursday should be out of DC by Friday morning? 

(I'm also assuming here that I'm not going to have a foot of snow on the ground then. But this is a risk this winter has confirmed that I may feel comfortable taking.

Depends on the model right now. EURO would say you'd be dealing with ice on top of 4", PARA says it would've flipped to rain by that point so the ice on top of the 4" might be sorta out of the way (though roads still probably not great), original GFS says it would've been rained away, and ICON says you'll never leave your house again.

In sum... too early to know, Friday morning being icy is well within the realm of possibility.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ji said:
21 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
NAM not as cold as Euro or GFS.  WE all start as heavy sleet

The nam continues to destroy our dreams

What dreams? 24 hours ago this thread was swimming in tears of winters end and folks were sh*tting all over the Thur event. 

• Like 1

the NAM and RGEM are.. just a tiny bit different at HR 84. Dunno, RGEM has been pretty good with figuring out the waves running along the boundary. Might've spent all it's energy on that and be out of gas though lol. But yeah it's a good bit colder at all levels and takes a more favorable track