Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

4 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Because 850mb is a mile from the surface?

LOL. Yes I know but typically with a precip event there won’t be that type of differential especially with cold air pressing south. 

And at that time the 850 height is about 4700 feet LOL. So not quite a mile :P

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL. Yes I know but typically with a precip event there won’t be that type of differential especially with cold air pressing south. 

Take a look at 10M winds. Beginning of the slug is SE then E surface flow. Flips norteast while it's still going strong. Sweet run

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

ICON much colder this run. Hammers the NW burbs. 

Gonna edit this and say we have no idea how much of that precip is ice on the ICON. I am going to assume a lot of it is. 

Has to be. Temps never approach freezing and when it’s showing rain here Friday temps are in the teens

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not only is then icon solid, better setup already showing for something to run the gauntlet from the SE down the line. Stable confluence is such a pretty and welcome sight man. Takes some of the freakout potential away. Which is always in short supply.... heh

3BFFE7B4-598E-4DCD-9B0E-2410C08DE6FE.jpeg.cd06bfda60871c2ef597acdd141fc7e1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Not only is then icon solid, better setup already showing for something to run the gauntlet from the SE down the line. Stable confluence is such a pretty and welcome sight man. Takes some of the freakout potential away. Which is always in short supply.... heh
Looks like since every threat is 1-3 days away...your back for a while lol since you don't do the 10 day track fail thing anymore

8 minutes ago, Ji said:
9 minutes ago, Amped said:
I'd rather see this over Norfolk to give us a chance at surviving the north trend.

We have yet to see a North trend when we need it...or a south trend when we need it...so I like it just where it's at

Was about to say, honestly I’d rather just be in the bullseye and just hope this isn’t a tough one for the models to handle. And I’ll be damned if we’re not getting better agreement than we’ve seen in a long time. Don’t worry I won’t get my hopes up just yet though...

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

While I agree, I don’t like how strong the winds are out of the SW aloft.  

You kinda have become the new Ender when you post. We always knew when he posted it usually was an accurate description of the bad thing a model showed lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

You kinda have become the new Ender when you post. We always knew when he posted it usually was an accurate description of the bad thing a model showed lol

Ha.  We can’t afford any type of amped system.  We can do a nice gentle overrunning, but if this thing gets overactive it’ll flood us and we can kiss any snow goodbye.  

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Ha.  We can’t afford any type of amped system.  We can do a nice gentle overrunning, but if this thing gets overactive it’ll flood us and we can kiss any snow goodbye.  

Sounds like a kiss of death for any type of biggie. But I guess that’s what happens when relying on an antecedent airmass. 

29 minutes ago, Ji said:
57 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks like since every threat is 1-3 days away...your back for a while lol since you don't do the 10 day track fail thing anymore

Posting is tough during the week. Sporadic at best until it starts happening. Won't know for 3-4 weeks how good or fail it is but odds are nearly completely stacked in our favor for chances. Impressive. No locks though. Fail is always on the table