• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

46 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

NAM is almost always the most aggressive NW scenario. Just saying. 

Yeah- I have been tossing every model that doesn’t show us getting much.  Think the NAM does not look right whatsoever after 37-48hrs.  The guys in PA must be freaking!  EURO had them getting 2’ and name showing same areas getting 2”! Lmao

BGM sounds pretty excited about the upcoming possibility. At this point, they're not talking big impacts for up here yet (of course) but they did say, "Well, this sure escalated quickly." lol

Oh, and I didn't realize sunshine came from the Arctic! B)

For Sunday, the sky will vary considerably from Arctic sunshine
across the New York Thruway corridor, to thickening clouds from
Twin Tiers southward ahead of the next system. Highs will be
generally lower to mid 20s, but some hilltops not getting out
of the teens.

I may just avoid this board for the next 2 days. Too much excitement then disappointment from run to run. Used to be nice just knowing a storm was coming then letting the anticipation build. Sometimes you were rewarded sometimes you were disappointed but at least it was only one time not every 6 hours. 

• Like 1

Just now, CNY_WX said:

I may just avoid this board for the next 2 days. Too much excitement then disappointment from run to run. Used to be nice just knowing a storm was coming then letting the anticipation build. Sometimes you were rewarded sometimes you were disappointed but at least it was only one time not every 6 hours. 

Agreed! I remember when there was just 2 models that they ran twice a day and that was it. Now we have like 12 between the globals and the meso's and its starting to get confusing if ya ask me, lol!

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Agreed! I remember when there was just 2 models that they ran twice a day and that was it. Now we have like 12 between the globals and the meso's and its starting to get confusing if ya ask me, lol!

Exactly, more data and we know less at the same time! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That Icon map looks suspiciously similar to "consensus" prior to the December storm that rocked BGM.  That ended up well NW with max snowfall.

Yeah I'll take my 30-36" all over again lol. That's why I'm not too down yet, could definitely be in a worse spot considering seasonal tendencies.

4 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That Icon map looks suspiciously similar to "consensus" prior to the December storm that rocked BGM.  That ended up well NW with max snowfall.

Actually it’s a lot further NW than any of the guidance prior to the Binghamton special. Which is why I’m staying hopeful something gives. 

• Like 3