• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Actually it’s a lot further NW than any of the guidance prior to the Binghamton special. Which is why I’m staying hopeful something gives. 

I recall my brother, who lives in Western NJ being excited for "2 feet" of snow. I think they ended up with 8 or 9"...

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I recall my brother, who lives in Western NJ being excited for "2 feet" of snow. I think they ended up with 8 or 9"...

Lol!  Both my brothers live in NNJ and just the opposite- I told them potential for 2” and they got 25% of that.  I had to eat sh*t on that one.

told them to gear up for this one nonetheless 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah I think I was "expecting" 6-10"....ended up with 31" depth. Band set up here and BGM and just kept dumping and dumping.

Yes...the storm probably would have delivered close to expectations for your area except for the Mother of Stationary Snowbands.

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Here was a couple of the models leading up to the mid December storm. BGM was mostly on the NW fringe of heavy snow for a while...

Good post! That's what I recall. IIRC many of the models initially had a  max even further west out in CPA which shifted (?) east.  I don't believe CPA ever verified in full with that idea.

Banding is always the wild card.

I have to get my forecast contest prediction in by 10pm.  He sets it up that way so that at best you only get a peak at the 00Z NAM for any late trends. The rest of the model suites come out after that.  Always makes it tougher!

http://newxsfc.blogspot.com/2021/01/winter-20-21-snow-storm-2-call-for.html?m=1

Harrisburg to near BWI look to be one jackpot zone. Not sure I'm fully buying...

I like the contest bc it gives you something to get your mind into even if your not  "in the game" for the event.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I have to get my forecast contest prediction in by 10pm.  He sets it up that way so that at best you only get a peak at the 00Z NAM for any late trends. The rest of the model suites come out after that.  Always makes it tougher!

http://newxsfc.blogspot.com/2021/01/winter-20-21-snow-storm-2-call-for.html?m=1

Harrisburg to near BWI look to be one jackpot zone. Not sure I'm fully buying...

I like the contest bc it gives you something to get your mind into even if your not  "in the game" for the event.

BWI and DC almost always get screwed. Harrisburg to Scranton up over to S. Vermont would be my best guess. I still like SE finger lakes for secondary sweet spot. But that’s a little more tentative. Do you pick a single station as the winner? 

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

BWI and DC almost always get screwed. Harrisburg to Scranton up over to S. Vermont would be my best guess. I still like SE finger lakes for secondary sweet spot. But that’s a little more tentative. Do you pick a single station as the winner? 

No the contest is for 27 different stations, from RDU in NC up to CAR in Maine.  The foreacats are statistically scored looking at all the forecasts.  So you are forecasting the whole system, not just one spot or area.

• Like 1