• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate/Eastern New York

Light Freezing drizzle/rain in Webster. Temp is 28. What a slop fest bust. 

I should know better. Tracking a storm as it’s in its death throes is always a risky bet. It’s just unwinding and falling apart. Oh well. It came down fast and furious for a couple hours and wrecked the roads, so that was worth the price of admission I guess. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

How much can we eek out on the backend?  You can see a little something over the Niagara peninsula and if you trust the high res NAM then snow should redevelop area wide anytime now....which seems like a stretch. Lolz. 

That precip over NIA is growing and moving east. Let's see how this goes.

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

How much can we eek out on the backend?  You can see a little something over the Niagara peninsula and if you trust the high res NAM then snow should redevelop area wide anytime now....which seems like a stretch. Lolz. 

Yeah it’s definitely filling in around western NY...nothing here yet but you can see the returns 

• Like 1

Yeah, this second batch is dumping just as much as the first one. I think I will make it past the 4 inch mark before it ends.

One good thing is that band over Niagara is starting to the pivot to the south and east. Hopefully that means we've reached the northern extent of things and we'll start seeing some fill-in with eastward movement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, this second batch is dumping just as much as the first one. I think I will make it past the 4 inch mark before it ends.

One good thing is that band over Niagara is starting to the pivot to the south and east. Hopefully that means we've reached the northern extent of things and we'll start seeing some fill-in with eastward movement.

Yeah I'm going to measure when this batch pushes through but I'd guess the 4-6" forecast looks good here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah I'm going to measure when this batch pushes through but I'd guess the 4-6" forecast looks good here.

Yeah, especially if we can more to rotate through this evening. Odd way of getting there. All of our snowfall this season (except for the one that slammed BGM) have come in heavy, 1 to 2 inch per hour bands.

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Syracuse airport is reporting -SNGS in their latest report. I don’t think I’ve ever seen GS in a report before. The decoded metar reports it as light snow and unknown precipitation. I thought unknown precipitation was UP.   BTW it’s snowing heavily again. 

We had a lot of Snow/Graupel mix here in Skaneateles the last hour or so. 

About 3” here before the snizzle. Exactly what I expected. Now rooting for the backend...

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

On radar the band has exited here, but it's still snowing moderately, albeit much smaller flakes and the sky has brightened again. Let's keep reforming this! Visibility has definitely been LOW here this afternoon with all the wind accompanying the snow.

For sure!  Extended radar(fwiw) has everything filling in by 5pm.:whistle:

Just measured...4.0" on the nose. Finely grained snow falling now in the slot at 24F.  We'll have to see if the back end rotates or translates through for anything more. I think we'll bag another 1-2" later this eve. 

Now, back to watching Gen Zoomers on WallStreetBets pump Gamestop to the moon and crush another Hedge fund... $143 and rising.

Quite a cold week in coming especially the end of the week..

Thursday
A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. Northwest wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers, mainly after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 12. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night
A chance of snow showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 0.

A weak sfc low near Erie, PA, at mid afternoon will track directly
across the forecast area through this evening. Weak warm advection
ahead of the system will shut off by late afternoon...so any mixed
precipitation will change back to snow as we make our way from the
through the evening. Given the lack of moisture in the dendritic
growth zone...the pcpn for the remainder of the daylight hours over
the western counties will be either freezing drizzle or light snow
showers. Meanwhile, moderate to heavy snow will fall east of Lake