Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s probably too late for lake effect though...grrrr

Why not? Lake is wide open. We’ve had great events in February before. Feb 07 probably the best example. Think some places in the Boston Hills were close to 4 feet and we obviously know about the 100+ inches off Ontario. Give us some moisture and with 850s that cold it won’t matter if the lake is at 33f as long as there’s open water she’ll be firing away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Why not? Lake is wide open. We’ve had great events in February before. Feb 07 probably the best example. Think some places in the Boston Hills were close to 4 feet and we obviously know about the 100+ inches off Ontario. Give us the cold and some moisture and she’ll fire right up. 

Yeah, it's been very warm all January. This LES season will likely extend late into Feb. In 2007 if Erie didn't freeze up we would of had 100" totals as well. Even Orchard Park had 3' during that event. East Aurora had the highest total off erie at 42"

Off Lk. Erie...  (nearly all fell Feb 3-5).
East Aurora............42 inches
Orchard Park......... 36 inches
Boston.............      26 inches
Warsaw...........        24 inches
Dunkirk............      18 inches
West Seneca........     12 inches

Lake Effect Summary - Feb 03 2007 to Feb 12 2007 - Storm Total Snow Map

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, it's been very warm all January. This LES season will likely extend late into Feb. In 2007 if Erie didn't freeze up we would of had 100" totals as well. Even Orchard Park had 3' during that event. 

Well boys the lake is at 33 as of today and my uneducated guess says with this weekends frigid temps 32 will be obtained easily and icing will begin rapidly. Will it be enough to mute a great pattern? Not sure but that can’t be discounted 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, it's been very warm all January. This LES season will likely extend late into Feb. In 2007 if Erie didn't freeze up we would of had 100" totals as well. Even Orchard Park had 3' during that event. East Aurora had the highest total off erie at 42"

I drove to Oswego to view the aftermath. Pretty amazing - wish I was in school then!

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Out around 10 days or so, the GFS continually hints at some sort of Miller A.  It really wants to pop something nice out the DEEP south...down near  South Texas/Mexico.  It's been way too long since we have a classic Miller A.  Is this the year we make the comeback?!  

Yes, please. A true Miller A...been a long time. lol

9 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Out around 10 days or so, the GFS continually hints at some sort of Miller A.  It really wants to pop something nice out the DEEP south...down near  South Texas/Mexico.  It's been way too long since we have a classic Miller A.  Is this the year we make the comeback?!  

Yeah, to my untrained eyes it looks like a wave developing along the cutter/CF from previous day..Hp out in the atlantic slows it down.. Something else to watch lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_48 (1).png

29 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My all time favorite!!!

• Like 4

12z Jester has the system for next week in a similar position to the 6z but the HP to the north seems to be eroding the northern extension of the precip shield. This looks wonky to me especially with how yesterday’s event played out. This looks like a Miller B to me and I think that first initial low will act as a conveyor to the secondary low over the east coast and transport moisture back our way.