• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

I’ve been busy this morning so this is a little late. I picked up another 1.4 inches of snow overnight so my total for the “storm “ is 5.6 inches.  Melted down the LE was 0.41 inch which gives a ratio of 13.66:1. Looking at the CoCoRaHS reports from Onondaga County the ratios are all over the place. I don’t know if people had problems measuring the snow but my ratio is within the range. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

When did you move? I'm from Queens and recently moved as well.... we've been burned enough to know.

4 years ago. We have a lake camp on Skaneateles but decided to make it full time and moved from NJ to the village. We have both now 15 minute apart versus 4 hours and we get SNOW!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Out around 10 days or so, the GFS continually hints at some sort of Miller A.  It really wants to pop something nice out of the DEEP south...down near  South Texas/Mexico.  It's been way too long since we had a classic Miller A.  Is this the year we make the comeback?!  

I remember the 90s there where Miller a storm all the time

Hour 96 on the 12z king has the low more north and a good precip shield, hour 102 is south of that and much less northern precip shield...I’m finding it difficult to believe that the models struggle with that Canadian high as much as they do, especially when it’s positioned in Quebec over 1000 miles away from that LP position. If anything yesterday taught us that.

• Like 2