• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

out west through 84 hours the euro and gfs actually look remarkably similar. The differences I see is that the shortwave is more amplified on the gfs vs the euro. PV is in a similar placement on both models. 

1 minute ago, SnowLover22 said:

it is already clear at 96 hours that the euro will not be like the gfs. Shortwave is not digging as much out west. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

it is already clear at 96 hours that the euro will not be like the gfs. Shortwave is not digging as much out west. 

8 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

out west through 84 hours the euro and gfs actually look remarkably similar. The differences I see is that the shortwave is more amplified on the gfs vs the euro. PV is in a similar placement on both models. 

@NorthArlington101 not digging as much and less amplified go hand in hand generally. A shortwave that does not dig  will generally not be amplified as a shortwave that really digs especially if it is able to tilt negatively. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ji said:

850s was never the issue smh

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

so its NOTHING like the gfs/cmc wrt strenght...we need the wave to be stronger and not deamplify as it comes across as much... but imo just looking at h5 the euro made baby steps the right way.  Slightly more amplified early on, slightly more ridging..little further north track of the h5 low.  But it simply needs to be more amplified to initiate the result of the GFS or even the GGEM.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so its NOTHING like the gfs/cmc wrt strenght...we need the wave to be stronger and not deamplify as it comes across as much... but imo just looking at h5 the euro made baby steps the right way.  Slightly more amplified early on, slightly more ridging..little further north track of the h5 low.  But it simply needs to be more amplified to initiate the result of the GFS or even the GGEM.  
It's not even close. Its a horrific run.

Doesn't look like it's gonna be the beast the GFS had, but we all knew it wasn't gonna be that good.
It's not even 80% of what the Canadian had. How can icon ggem and gfs see a big storm and euro won't

• Thanks 1