Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The Euro being so weak is weird though thats a flag for me.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We saw the whole Euro suite pull the same crap two weeks ago.

And the entire time the ensembles were northwest of those suppressed euro runs...not to mention the Synoptics (vortmax and ULL) argued for a track NW of those OP runs. 

Ukie is a pretty big hit too for SNE and especially Maine.

This whole capture and stall scenario is really a theme tonight though I’m not really buying it outside of Maine until we get closer. Those capture/stall for 24 hour scenarios tend to drift more progressive as we get closer historically on model guidance. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This whole capture and stall scenario is really a theme tonight though I’m not really buying it outside of Maine until we get closer. Those capture/stall for 24 hour scenarios tend to drift more progressive as we get closer historically on model guidance. 

Yup. You don't want to be near the sw edge....see NYC in Jan 2015.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh yeah I like crazy Unc on NYE hitting the jack and coke

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The difference is the block that practically forms as this approaches so that can argue for an earlier capture. I think a cmc like solution is possible. Maybe not the exact amounts but it could be more right then wrong...crazy as that sounds. But it performed pretty well for Dec 17. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The difference is the block that practically forms as this approaches so that can argue for an earlier capture. I think a cmc like solution is possible. Maybe not the exact amounts but it could be more right then wrong...crazy as that sounds. But it performed pretty well for Dec 17. 

It also did well on Dec 5/6, at least in NNE.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Right right ...and then when it actually happens, it's so rarely seen ahead of time.

1992 Dec did this... no clue.  It stalled and actually moved W... there's other's that did this.. It's probably one of those last frontiers of forecasting technology goals 

...the coveted RI in TCs...

when in god's name do lows predictively stall and back west...

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right right ...and then when it actually happens, it's so rarely seen ahead of time.

1992 Dec did this... no clue.  It stalled and actually moved W... there's other's that did this.. It's probably one of those last frontiers of forecasting technology goals 

...the coveted RI in TCs...

when in god's name do lows predictively stall and back west...

Blizzard of 78!

stalled and looped in a great spot.

Also had a really strong high pressure to the north

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2