• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

3 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Massive winter storm on Day 8.5 euro. Snow for CLT/GSO/RDU with a transition zone around the SC border. 

That’s a beautiful storm.  Can we hold it without too much of the Northwest trend getting us 

1 minute ago, Grayman said:

That’s a beautiful storm.  Can we hold it without too much of the Northwest trend getting us 

Actually, Rockingham would be the best place in the state if this happened tomorrow. We'll see if the ensembles bite. 

If you draw a line from New Bern straight back to the tennessee line in Macon County within about 30 miles N or S of that line, thats the focus of this run. Almost a true M&M storm. 

• Like 1

There's too many maps to post but it's a beautiful storm. Verbatim, not a big event for north of say 40 but there's no reason that wouldnt fill in. 

• Like 1

Just now, BullCityWx said:

There's too many maps to post but it's a beautiful storm. Verbatim, not a big event for north of say 40 but there's no reason that wouldnt fill in. 

Temps in the Mid 20s with potential for ratios north of 40 though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Yeah that is a nice little storm. One thing I've been noticing is that any warmup per se has been muted by the midels time and time again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Met1985 said:

Yeah that is a nice little storm. One thing I've been noticing is that any warmup per se has been muted by the midels time and time again. 

That aint what I've been hearing :lol:

I'd take the synoptics of that event as depicted 1000% of the time. 

• Haha 1

The blocking we are seeing is something we have not seen in a long while. The models are struggling even just a day or two out. I think the biggest takeaway recently is that we can expect things to pop up and be a legitimate threat in a relatively short time period. 

Just now, BullCityWx said:

That aint what I've been hearing :lol:

I'd take the synoptics of that event as depicted 1000% of the time. 

Yeah every time! Even in marginal temps but shoot the euro went from a mild day to an all out snowstorm for NC.

21 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Actually, Rockingham would be the best place in the state if this happened tomorrow. We'll see if the ensembles bite. 

Yes, that scares me. That would be very rare 

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

Yes the day 8.5 Euro would be a widespread winter storm taken verbatim and definitely would probably see the moisture more north than what is showing... let's hope the ensembles bite...

Even if they dont I think the next three weeks especially are above average for seeing something pop here in the SE.

• Like 1

There's still the same amount of interest on the GEFS for next Tuesday and Wednesday but there is significant interest in the same time period the Euro has this event. 

• Thanks 1

Is this all one storm next week just the models haven't nailed down the right day yet possibly? 

8 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

The South of the Border Crusher: Actually just misses to the north. Pedro would have been  happy in 9 days. Is that place still open??

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Your geography is off. SOtB barely sees any snow on the Euro.

38 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

The South of the Border Crusher: Actually just misses to the north. Pedro would have been  happy in 9 days. Is that place still open??

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Can i cash out now here in Charlotte

6 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Oh you mean the guy that had me in the 6-10 area for last Friday?  After barely getting a trace, I'd rather find something on Netflix.

He’s excellent at mid range pattern recognition. I’ve never even a big fan of his in the short range.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

He’s excellent at mid range pattern recognition. I’ve never even a big fan of his in the short range.

I get it and I agree on the mid range thing.  But he blames everyone else for hype and he's just as bad as anyone.  His short range maps he puts out are abysmal

9 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

I get it and I agree on the mid range thing.  But he blames everyone else for hype and he's just as bad as anyone.  His short range maps he puts out are abysmal

Honestly, his maps would be really solid if he just cut his totals in half. It's like he posts his max potential map every storm by accident, or something

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

If you draw a line from New Bern straight back to the tennessee line in Macon County within about 30 miles N or S of that line, thats the focus of this run. Almost a true M&M storm. 

Dropping some macon county love! Of course I'll be in Florida next week

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

I've been watching this board for many years now and I honestly cant recall a storm modeled like that.  I'm gonna say that doesnt pan out quite that way.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

right where we want it at this stage over here on the I-77 Corridor lol 

Perfect for Roanoke to Richmond