• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

10 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

CAA5A8FE-A578-473A-A602-8893B9746307.thumb.jpeg.ac854077be51d05dbb13db6baa037387.jpeg

This graphic was used on Channel 9’s weather segment tonight. It shows the least snowiest winters through New Years Eve in Syracuse and the total snowfall for the entire winter. As you can see some winters with less snow than this year ended up with well over 100 inches. 65-66 had the Blizzard of ‘66 in late January and 06-07 had the “Winter in a Week” lake effect blitz in February. So don’t give up on winter yet. There’s still a long way to go. 

It looks most of the seasons that had snowfall in the teens up through the New Year did ok for the rest of the winter. Concerning is that....almost half of the winters on this list have been in this century. Is this possible evidence that we are indeed losing December as a winter month, or just a "fluke" in the grand scheme of things? (Note: The list doesn't even include Dec. 2019, when winter basically died mid-way through the month, but November's amounts skewed this.)

2.5 inches in 2015?!? Aye caramba..

80.3 inches is a marked improvement for that season though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Interesting on it being precise! I feel like the wind has to be precise just for us to get much here in NW Onondaga. But, then again, I haven't experienced a good clipper pattern or nice, cold pattern around here yet. I am assuming that's when winter truly rocks around here.

Yeah, clippers can deliver the goods.

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

55 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

According to his username he last visited 7 hours ago, maybe taking a little hiatus or just busy.. 

Thanks guys, but actually experiencing some insane reactions to this new pre workout I just got. I don't know if it was caffeine overdose. I had 2 beers before I went to gym after Bills game took pre workout and went to gym for 2 hours. At 7 PM it hit me like a truck.  Was in urgent care on Sunday for 3 hours, and need to get a bunch of test done my heart this week. The symptoms are not going away. I've had 15-20 episodes of it. Dizziness, my head is hot and my hands are cold, light headed, shortness of breath. It comes and goes every hour or so. Might be something with my kidneys/liver/heart. Not really sure what it is yet. This is the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I won't be on here much at all until this is figured out.

I tested negative for covid today thinking that was the culprit.

• Sad 9

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Thanks guys, but actually experiencing some insane reactions to this new pre workout I just got. I don't know if it was caffeine overdose. I had 2 beers before I went to gym after Bills game took pre workout and went to gym for 2 hours. At 7 PM it hit me like a truck.  Was in urgent care on Sunday for 3 hours, and need to get a bunch of test done my heart this week. The symptoms are not going away. I've had 15-20 episodes of it. Dizziness, my head is hot and my hands are cold, light headed, shortness of breath. It comes and goes every hour or so. Might be something with my kidneys/liver/heart. Not really sure what it is yet. This is the scariest thing I've ever experienced. I won't be on here much at all until this is figured out.

Wow BW you’re in our thoughts. Hopefully you begin to feel better soon and this is just a benign situation 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I hope it’s nothing serious, you’re too young for stuff like that.  Keep us informed when you can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I hope you can get it figured out smoothly. May you have wise doctors and quick, thorough healing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. Sunday night I thought I was a dead man. I couldn't see anything, everything was so blurry. I'll tell you one thing if I make it through this. I've had issues drinking too much caffeine the last few years, it's definitely a drug. I take in anywhere from 4-600 MG a day. This pre workout was 500-600 MG for 1 scoop...That stuff should not be sold to people. I think it did something to my nervous system from overload. Whatever happened it hasn't been getting better, I really hope it eventually goes away as I CANNOT live like this.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Pretty good article from a reputable source on the current climate change situation.  We are paying the price right now for decades of massive carbon releases....and I can't say I find any of it hard to believe with what we are seeing in our backyards and around the world.  

https://www.llnl.gov/news/paying-emissions-weve-already-released?fbclid=IwAR1MiYs7b-rz2TIYDQWu0op-rl6-rj8NjNs-MGHeduiKkUZq8EAx2nG1XGM

OT, but while we're banging on about AGW, for all the CO2 emission reductions we have going on in the US (in spite of not signing on to the Paris Climate Accord), China has around 300 coal fired plants on the docket for commissioning in the next several years as the Accord, and previous agreements, have squishy requirements for them, and others. Not every project will eventually enter service but it's not good, CO2 wise. So the billions of taxpayer and ratepayer $ your Governor wants to spend on renewables to replace gas fired generation (low carbon) and nuclear (zero carbon)...will be wiped out in a day of operation of just a couple of those Chinese plants.  Regardless, the NY carbon reduction from generation replacement are basically round off error in global CO2 emissions.  Break out the Umbrella drinks and suntan lotion. ;)

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Damn.  Take it easy and rest.  I'm sure you are doing that and arranging MD visit.  I hope this resolves itself quickly.  Caffein can be tricky.  Will be thinking of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Thanks guys. Sunday night I thought I was a dead man. I couldn't see anything, everything was so blurry. I'll tell you one thing if I make it through this. I've had issues drinking too much caffeine the last few years, it's definitely a drug. I take in anywhere from 4-600 MG a day. This pre workout was 500-600 MG for 1 scoop...That stuff should not be sold to people. I think it did something to my nervous system from overload. Whatever happened it hasn't been getting better, I really hope it eventually goes away as I CANNOT live like this.

It sounds like something sent your nervous/ GABA systems into overdrive. A lot like when I went through withdrawals from benzo’s. If it’s anything like that, the good news is that our neuro networks heal. Could be quick or take a bit. 
Im hoping your doctors figure it out and point you in the direction of getting better. In the meantime, stay calm and be kind to yourself. Thinking of you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I agree with Dave....watch out for a couple supplements that screw with gaba...htp-5...st. John's wort ( especially if on any AntiD's)

Lots of caffeine and/or alcohol can as well...

Get well man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Crazy man, sorry to hear and hope you get better soon. Your story reminds me of how caffeinated alcoholic drinks were causing issues a few years back and had to be banned. Im sure your dr is advising you but I hope you didn’t cut out all caffeine. Caffeine withdrawal can be rough and might be adding to your symptoms. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luke_Mages said:

Crazy man, sorry to hear and hope you get better soon. Your story reminds me of how caffeinated alcoholic drinks were causing issues a few years back and had to be banned. Im sure your dr is advising you but I hope you didn’t cut out all caffeine. Caffeine withdrawal can be rough and might be adding to your symptoms. 

I'm starting to think this might be the issue...I'm going to start to reintroduce some caffeine back into my day as it has been a staple of it for a decade. I woke up at 2 AM with the worst shortness of breath, dizziness that I've had yet. I was having over 500 MG a day of caffeine and went right to zero.

There was an abnormality with my EKG, so I'm getting 3-4 more test done at a cardiologist to make sure I'm okay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm starting to think this might be the issue...I'm going to start to reintroduce some caffeine back into my day as it has been a staple of it for a decade. I woke up at 2 AM with the worst shortness of breath, dizziness that I've had yet. I was having over 500 MG a day of caffeine and went right to zero.

There was an abnormality with my EKG, so I'm getting 3-4 more test done at a cardiologist to make sure I'm okay.

Keep strong and keep positive, easier said than done, however your attitude is everything and can help you overcome a lot of things.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is awful to hear Rich. Hopefully you can recover quickly and get back on the right track. Caffeine is nasty when it's coming off high doses over time. Thoughts are with you man. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This almost sounds like some form of atrial fibrillation.  Just try to stay calm and follow the doctors advice.  The body is miraculous thing and can usually bounce back from a lot.  Staying mentally positive is important in getting things back on track.  I'm sending you some healing vibes and you'll be in my thoughts.  Keep your head up bud.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I counted about 5 clipper like systems from D7-14 on the GFS with lots of LES opportunities..A pattern we dream of.. Going to be a long week hoping this doesn't shit the bed lol

You know it's good when that Lake Erie band is delivering snow here in Otsego County!

• Like 1