• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AMZ8990

Just now, Stovepipe said:

You know with the heavy rains prior to the snow, and the temps crashing to such a degree, brining the roads isn't really feasible.  People trying to travel for Christmas might be in for a bad state of affairs with 1 to 2 inches of snow on the roads, not to mention 2 to 4.

Not to mention the fact that snow aside with such a powerful front passing through you could easily get a flash freeze on bridges causing wrecks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stovepipe said:

You know with the heavy rains prior to the snow, and the temps crashing to such a degree, brining the roads isn't really feasible.  People trying to travel for Christmas might be in for a bad state of affairs with 1 to 2 inches of snow on the roads, not to mention 2 to 4.

Great point, and why I think MRX pulls the trigger on upgrades with the 4 am update. If it was a regular day, I think they wait until 6z/12z runs...but with it being Christmas Eve travel, it doesn't really give that leeway to inform the public

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlunderStorm said:

Not to mention the fact that snow aside with such a powerful front passing through you could easily get a flash freeze on bridges causing wrecks.

I know my daughter and her fiancé are suppose to come down tomorrow night from Jefferson City and the trends have me worried. 

• Like 1

It's pretty much a choice of err on side of public safety or catch twitter heat for being wrong if the warning busts. Think that was why they pulled the warning even tho the criteria wasn't quite met earlier this afternoon for NE TN (it was where they were confident the most travel impact would be regardless of how the models shifted tonight)

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic