• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AMZ8990

One observation I will make is that the line of convection seems to be advancing to the East very quickly. Hopefully that can slow down somewhat.

I’ve seen in many cases in the past where the line of convection can race ahead east of the mountains and cutoff the flow coming off the Gulf. That is where the Lee side low would help us out.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

One observation I will make is that the line of convection seems to be advancing to the East very quickly. Hopefully that can slow down somewhat.

I’ve seen in many cases in the past where the line of convection can race ahead east of the mountains and cutoff the flow coming off the Gulf. That is where the Lee side low would help us out.

Seems much faster than predicted...

UKMET...pretty good step back which might reflect that concern.  UK has admittedly been consistently the weakest of most modeling.  

18 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Looking like the Euro will hold serve.  Haven't seen accumulations, but evolution of the system appears very similar.  Only thing of concern, the actual weather on the ground appears much quicker (as 1234 noted) than modeling is grasping.  

Glancing at the 0z suite, looks like the ARW and HRRR were the only ones to get the front placement right vs current ground conditions. All the globals and NAM were slower vs reality

• Like 1

06z NAM moved everything about 25 miles further West. Knoxville for instance want from 2 to 3 inches. My area went from around 1 inch to around 2.5. Holston in MoCo went from blanked to around 1.5 inches. That's without anything convective yet. The NAM 12k just doesn't see it like the other models but appears to have a bit breaking out in Eastern Middle early Christmas morning. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

Wonder what the models and MRX are seeing, I swear this system looks like it's moving way to fast or am I 

This area will progress quickly. The reason Eastern areas see snow initially is a low will develop on the front and basically stop it until the low passes. The rest is from convective snow bands from a trailing upper level disturbance. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic