• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Also the ambient surface pressure around this thing is a little bit higher than normal specially with that big dome sitting next door…

So when you’re looking at 1000 mill bar low pressure core think 992 ~ in a more normal pressure distribution.

In other words the winds may actually be stronger than is typical for a low pressure 1000 mb deep. The NAM grid has 30 knot sustained middle boundary layer flow coming into Logan with 1002mb underneath and I’m going oh -right

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

By 12z Thursday the left exit is south of Halifax

Lol. Geez.  Yeah I feel pretty confident the GFS is prematurely stretching this thing-...you know pulls the x-coordinate cuts into it velocity momentum. It’s got to borrow it from somewhere right? But reducing that mid-level momentum is definitely going to weaken that 700 mill bar surface underneath it and there we go - nooOO storm for you    ONE YEAR!

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

Seems like things are just becoming more unclear now not less. Dryslots, suppression, mixing all a possibility still. No bueno.

You are spot on.  As we get closer it becomes less clear! Although I think at this point decent totals south of pike with 6 inches at the pike, up to 12 down near 195.  North of pike is the screw zone I think.  3-6 mass pike to NH border

Just now, JoeSnowBOS said:

You are spot on.  As we get closer it becomes less clear! Although I think at this point decent totals south of pike with 6 inches at the pike, up to 12 down near 195.  North of pike is the screw zone I think.  3-6 mass pike to NH border

I’ll take the over north of the pike.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Overall I think we have seen the potential for a slight NW jog on models today as we move closer.  NW MA approves!  H7 deform delight hopefully.

You always want to be on the n/nw fringe in southern stream systems. It doesn’t always pan out but high probability you get something. Jan 16 I was out of the game for days but ended up with 8”. 

8 minutes ago, SnowEMass said:

Why do they come in here to go on about how much snow THEY are gonna get?  :offtopic:

It's pure jealousy or envious or whatever you want to call it. Everyone's dream in that area is for a NJ/NYC/LI jackpot and all of SNE to get skunked due to years of overperforming here. The run in 2015 sealed it.

I know this because I used to be the same exact way being from NNJ before I moved up here lol

• Haha 1