• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Boston has had two calendar days in December with 12 inches of snow or more from 1891-2019. Would be a pretty impressive feat to pull that off again. Last time was December 1960, and before that December 1909. I'm sure there are several more storms that have topped 12" in 24 hours if you include storms that start late one day and continue the next day.

Only three storms since 1891 have brought 3"+ snows for Boston on 12/16, and five have done it on 12/17.

1 2013-12-17 6.4 0
2 2016-12-17 4.3 0
3 1970-12-17 3.8 0
4 1976-12-17 3.3 0
5 1988-12-17 3.1

1 2007-12-16 7.6 0
2 1896-12-16 5.0 0
3 1980-12-16 3.2 0

Accuweather has a 65% chance of 6-10 inches of snow for Boston...but does not buy totals higher than that.

Accuweather-Boston

NYC is at 3% for 10"+ too, with Philly at 3% for 8"+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

GFS has been winning for a while

this is a more "classic" setup though where the gfs struggles and the euro is better....past couple seasons have been junk with strung out elongated POS long wave patterns where the GFS has been better.......IDK.....maybe i made that up but it sounds good....lol

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

GFS has been winning for a while

Bullshit.   What we think vs verification scores are not the same.  I think the correlation scores for 10+ years have favored euro as #1, ukmet 2, gfs 3, cmc 4 but sometimes they flip around.  Unfortunately I do t have the link, sorry.  Someone maybe has it?

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

GFS has been winning for a whil

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Bullshit.   What we think vs verification scores are not the same.  I think the correlation scores for 10+ years have favored euro as #1, ukmet 2, gfs 3, cmc 4 but sometimes they flip around.  Unfortunately I do t have the link, sorry.  Someone maybe has it?

You've got the order correct.

• Like 2

Thats a good order, i can agree with that. EC is still the king regardless of anecdotal evidence.

Re: the PARA, i dont know the exact time it comes out but i know its very late. It has not jumped on the S wagon like the op. 

Euro gonna be a big hit again, looks great at 72.

I'm planning on doing a first call map for Wed tonight after the 00z suite finishes and a final and only call map for Tomorrows light snow event.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thats a good order, i can agree with that. EC is still the king regardless of anecdotal evidence.

Re: the PARA, i dont know the exact time it comes out but i know its very late. It has not jumped on the S wagon like the op. 

Euro gonna be a big hit again, looks great at 72.

I'm planning on doing a first call map for Wed tonight after the 00z suite finishes and a final and only call map for Tomorrows light snow event.

Euro is a bit more robust for us tomorrow...

• Like 1