• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December Discobs 2020

George BM

While it's a bit unclear how much precip will linger immediately behind the front (for a brief period of sleet or snow early Christmas morning in the DC metro area), there may be more hope for a period of snow showers during Christmas Day as the upper trough axis swings through, and low-level lapse rates steepen.    There is a very weak signal in the NAM nest, but there is a smack-you-in-the-face-with-a-small-snowball signal in the 18z HRRR.      

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Surprised there's not more action in here . A very dynamic 24 to 36 hours lining up.  Hrrr 18z also is a flooding rain event for many with 3-5" numerous locals verbatim.  Still snowpack here . Icon lays down 5 inch rain amounts in Pa where 15-30" fell past week . 

Yep, this is definitely not your run of the mill cold front. Much prefer this over boring weather. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wxtrix said:

a low of 15 which i think is the coldest so far this winter.

I meant to add the other day that I learned the cooking process really keeps going once you take the prime rib out of the oven.  Came out at 115 and thought I was good..20mins later 123...then the sear adds a few more degrees...next time I  will take out at 110.  The ends were solid medium so almost a disaster.  Middle was perfecto! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Snow pack lasted over 8 days here which is the longest stretch probably since 09 for Dec  and even then it warmed quickly after that HECS . Snow piles in many places though currently . There really hasn't been a torch all December that I recall and now Fri which was supposed to be 57 -60 could be upper 30s for highs .

I bet you see at least 50 on Friday.

• Sad 1