• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Indices being what they are and given what the last storm did, my main concern is this shifts west or continues to go right over us. Obviously the best track for the majority of the forum is up the Hudson River Valley. The UKIE and the EURO are getting close to complete busts for Rochester to Syracuse. The Euro is close to being solid though (energetic little wave!). These next 48 hours are going to be critical- if it is progged to go any further west we won’t be able to rely on any last minute tick east. 
I still like the set-up and I still think we look good in Gennessee Valley and West. All the traditional lake effect folks are golden. How many Christmas dumps have you guys had? I feel like it happens a lot for BUF! 
Fun stuff boys. Merry Christmas. Hoping it’s real white!!!!

Yeah, a bit concerned this thing passes right over us, delaying the front and missing heavier synoptic to the west...we will see as I don't think the timing will be resolved with the globals. Will need the NAM & HRRR to sort it out once in range.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tim123 said:

No mention of snow for anyone other than buffalo. What a joke buffalo is. 

In due time. Area wide will see a few to several inches. Probably 2-5 in the best case scenario. There is no need for them to address that in any more depth when things are still very uncertain synoptically 4 days out; and 2-5 inches of snow should be handled without headlines or fanfare around here if we are to have any sort of pride. Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Yeah- that would blow but at least there is SW flow;(

Heh, yeah, that's the thing, isn't it. Nobody has the same rooting interest here.

Where I am, an event like this has to be mostly synoptic, maybe with a little enhancement off Ontario with N winds.

W, SW, WSW, SSW, none of that ish matters to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m into the meso models starting tomorrow. All guidance is in the SW flow. How long it lasts Is the question.

Far from a lock, this could be an event where Hamburg to South Buffalo get 1-2 feet where Cheektowaga/Amherst sees next to nothing. It could not be but nothing is pointing that this band is definitely making it up here for sure yet. 

• Like 1