• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

November Banter 2020

We hung out at a friend's house off of Wool Mill Road.  With 4wd and in our early 20s, we were able to get around.  I do rememebr the drifting back there as well. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

96 was great for shear depth of snow . 30-32" imby . Wind and drifts were decent but 93 was mind blowing out in open areas . Even Feb 10,2010 was nice drifting especially along route 15 . 

Farmer friends of mine were legit trapped for days in 93. The wind didn't let up for days. 

Odd....I quotes the first one and then typed in the box at the bottom of the thread....maybe they were linked somehow? 

Maybe it's a good sign?

Just now, toolsheds said:

Odd....I quotes the first one and then typed in the box at the bottom of the thread....maybe they were linked somehow? 

Maybe it's a good sign?

For a December 5th HECS :whistle:

50 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The Panic Room could use a guy like you. Ever thought of striking out as a defense contractor? Someone has to keep the inmates I mean customers on the up and up.

If not, let’s just hope the only fighting we’re doing this winter is of the snowball variety lol.

Happy Thanksgiving 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493biaepw5k4346d2smhot

haha - funny video.  That snowball is as big as the victim.  That sort of experience can be traumatic for a 4 year old.  I was expecting to see a snowball about 3x the size clobber the dude in the blue jacket, but alas that was not to be.

I hope none of us have to visit the panic room this season, for anything.  Hope the lights in the room stay off so there's nary a glimmer of light under the crack at the bottom of the door's threshold.  That way from even a long distance off everyone can see the panic room is closed and shall remain so.  

Hell, if Jebman can stay optimistic from way out in Texas on our chances this year, we gotta muster the same on our end.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Maybe it's a good sign?

Dunno - it happened again.  You have two posts numbered 57.  haha.  Just curious about the oddity of it. 

Just now, RDM said:

Dunno - it happened again.  You have two posts numbered 57.  haha.  Just curious about the oddity of it. 

That is odd.....

20 minutes ago, CAPE said:

A little wet!

Warm too.

How was the cruise? Burn some rubber?

Heck yea. I actually have soft drag radials to help traction but when 23 pounds of boost kicks in its happening 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Heck yea. I actually have soft drag radials to help traction but when 23 pounds of boost kicks in its happening 

Who needs big displacement when you got big turbo :bike:

• Like 1

I used to work at an engine remanufacturing plant. We built a bunch of the 3.8L v6 engines. Quite a few of the 4.1L too. The latter had a huge bore- reminded me of the 400 small block. Not much meat between the inner cylinder walls and the water jacket. On the 400 the outside of the cyl walls were joined. The 252 v6 may have been that way too. Cracked cylinders were common on both.

In other news, the source of the COVID outbreak among the Ravens players and staff is a strength and conditioning coach who was not adhering to NFL protocols. 

As Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network outlines, a strength and conditioning coach for Baltimore didn’t report symptoms, consistently didn’t wear a mask or wear the contact tracing device the NFL mandates for all employees when they are in the buildings.

The Ravens have disciplined this employee, likely hoping to avoid further discipline form the NFL, but it might be too little too late. The league moved the Week 12 game from Thanksgiving night to Sunday at 1:15 p.m. ET, but with each passing day there are more Ravens’ players and personnel testing positive.

Will the game even be able to be played on Sunday? The NFL seems determined to get the game in regardless, but a lot can change, as fans have witnessed this week. 

Happy Thanksgiving weenies! Please be smart and safe in whatever you do today!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

Happy Thanksgiving weenies! Please be smart and safe in whatever you do today!

yeah be smart... if you or someone else in your family is at high risk.. just have them stay home.. it is just common sense!

Just now, mdhokie said:

Praise be, under his eye!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy thanksgiving to you too! 

I just put the turkey in and now I am going to hike the billy Goat Trail... such a great and challenging hike.  

Chasing next week.. life is good!

Well I made a vaguely political joke on the in-law family text thread and apparently I've already ruined thanksgiving!

Where's the wine?

• Haha 6

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Well I made a vaguely political joke on the in-law family text thread and apparently I've already ruined thanksgiving!

Where's the wine?

Where's the bourbon?

:yikes:

• Haha 1

The Steelers players need to stop pissing and moaning. Yo team is 10 and 0. Get over it.

As a Steelers fan, think it has more to do with how you practice during the week expecting a Thursday game, now they have to practice more/are off schedule. It also definitely sucks to be “punished” when others fail to follow restrictions, which it seems like the Ravens did. That said... definitely happy with the season so far! Little to complain about.

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

As a Steelers fan, think it has more to do with how you practice during the week expecting a Thursday game, now they have to practice more/are off schedule. It also definitely sucks to be “punished” when others fail to follow restrictions, which it seems like the Ravens did. That said... definitely happy with the season so far! Little to complain about.

In 2008 the Ravens had their bye week moved to week 2. They then had to play 18 weeks in a row before playing the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. I didn't see any Ravens players crying like little babies like the Steelers players are.