• Member Statistics

    16,606
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Joined
Bostonseminole

November 2020 Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looking mighty piggy mid month on the gefs. 

It has been leaning that way since yesterday....not a good look for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently La Nina's with high ACE are favorable for winter (1995, 2010).

ETA could eventually push the ACE past 160-165.

Also November is not a winter month imo so it could torch all it wants if that means December is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow shovels to hats gloves, wind chills in the teens, to shorts and tees in a week. Nice stay warm until Thanksgiving is just fine

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Looks like we have some sort of squall incoming...

20201102_072727.jpg

Happy Birthday Rev Kev, hope a squall like this hits you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Happy Birthday Rev Kev, hope a squall like this hits you. 

Thanks. Had some flurries so first flakes in 48 yrs. Hopefully a few trees down from the 50+ gusts today as a gift before the furnace 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks. Had some flurries so first flakes in 48 yrs. Hopefully a few trees down from the 50+ gusts today as a gift before the furnace 

Really wow, tip of the cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We pig 

We don’t need a cold or snowy Novie but they (the paid experts) say the month has a decent correlation to winter so if we pig it later this month...we are in trouble. 

Until then...I’ll enjoy another month of golf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We don’t need a cold or snowy Novie but they (the paid experts) say the month has a decent correlation to winter so if we pig it later this month...we are in trouble. 

Until then...I’ll enjoy another month of golf.

I don't know where you see a ULL over AK but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know it goes against your big winter call but GOAK troughing is showing up. Could it be transient? sure... 

image.thumb.png.78f7785b82d0a7c80b8646d7f744bb2b.png

You do realize that Nov 10 had troughing and winter didn't kick in full until Boxing day, but if your insinuating that I am making things up to justify a very LR forecast thats not very smart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You do realize that Nov 10 had troughing and winter didn't kick in full until Boxing day, but if your insinuating that I am making things up to justify a very LR forecast thats not very smart.

 

You said you don’t know where I am seeing piggyness so there you go. I don’t understand your initial point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You said you don’t know where I am seeing piggyness so there you go. I don’t understand your initial point. 

You apparently don't understand the science and difference between a trough and semi permanent ULL steering currents. No surprise from anyone that it gets cold and snows in Alaska 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You apparently don't understand the science and difference between a trough and semi permanent ULL steering currents. No surprise from anyone that it gets cold and snows in Alaska 

Looks pretty ULL to me there but it’s far out, relax. You apparently know the future so I’ll defer to you though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're always going to have periods of troughs up there. No where on this planet can you have the same exact pattern for months. That is climo up there...they get snow..lol. Even our most epic winters will have a trough up there at some point.

What you do not want to see, is the continued redevelopment of troughing up there. You'll need a solid 3-4 weeks of data to see if that happens. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.