• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado

November 2020 Discussion

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looking mighty piggy mid month on the gefs. 

It has been leaning that way since yesterday....not a good look for sure 

Apparently La Nina's with high ACE are favorable for winter (1995, 2010).

ETA could eventually push the ACE past 160-165.

Also November is not a winter month imo so it could torch all it wants if that means December is good.

Snow shovels to hats gloves, wind chills in the teens, to shorts and tees in a week. Nice stay warm until Thanksgiving is just fine

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Looks like we have some sort of squall incoming...

20201102_072727.jpg

Happy Birthday Rev Kev, hope a squall like this hits you. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Happy Birthday Rev Kev, hope a squall like this hits you. 

Thanks. Had some flurries so first flakes in 48 yrs. Hopefully a few trees down from the 50+ gusts today as a gift before the furnace 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks. Had some flurries so first flakes in 48 yrs. Hopefully a few trees down from the 50+ gusts today as a gift before the furnace 

Really wow, tip of the cap?

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We pig 

We don’t need a cold or snowy Novie but they (the paid experts) say the month has a decent correlation to winter so if we pig it later this month...we are in trouble. 

Until then...I’ll enjoy another month of golf.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We don’t need a cold or snowy Novie but they (the paid experts) say the month has a decent correlation to winter so if we pig it later this month...we are in trouble. 

Until then...I’ll enjoy another month of golf.

I don't know where you see a ULL over AK but ok

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know it goes against your big winter call but GOAK troughing is showing up. Could it be transient? sure... 

image.thumb.png.78f7785b82d0a7c80b8646d7f744bb2b.png

You do realize that Nov 10 had troughing and winter didn't kick in full until Boxing day, but if your insinuating that I am making things up to justify a very LR forecast thats not very smart.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You do realize that Nov 10 had troughing and winter didn't kick in full until Boxing day, but if your insinuating that I am making things up to justify a very LR forecast thats not very smart.

You said you don’t know where I am seeing piggyness so there you go. I don’t understand your initial point. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You said you don’t know where I am seeing piggyness so there you go. I don’t understand your initial point. 

You apparently don't understand the science and difference between a trough and semi permanent ULL steering currents. No surprise from anyone that it gets cold and snows in Alaska 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You apparently don't understand the science and difference between a trough and semi permanent ULL steering currents. No surprise from anyone that it gets cold and snows in Alaska 

Looks pretty ULL to me there but it’s far out, relax. You apparently know the future so I’ll defer to you though. 

• Haha 1

You're always going to have periods of troughs up there. No where on this planet can you have the same exact pattern for months. That is climo up there...they get snow..lol. Even our most epic winters will have a trough up there at some point.

What you do not want to see, is the continued redevelopment of troughing up there. You'll need a solid 3-4 weeks of data to see if that happens. 

• Like 2