• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

October 2020 Discussion

It's too bad the longwave trough depicted on the GFS isn't like 5-10 degrees to the east. Would definitely have a shot at something wintry with a trough axis further east.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, It’s fine. We aren’t that below normal as our friends to our east.

This is very true, let's run these low pressures into RI all winter long and shovel our way to above normal precip by April....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Gonna be a west is best winter for us this go around Luke....lol

I hope you are right but most signs point to an latitude type gradient with most coastals of the miller B variety favoring the east zones. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I hope you are right but most signs point to an latitude type gradient with most coastals of the miller B variety favoring the east zones. 

A light version of 2014/15...light snow and 10 degrees while eastern CT is S++, can't wait

7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

A light version of 2014/15...light snow and 10 degrees while eastern CT is S++, can't wait

It can break right for us on occassion but nothing worse then missing a big system by 15 miles to our E. Lately we have missed to our E, N, W, and S lol. I guess we were due after getting crushed in 10/11 and Feb 13 (just barely made it). Though I’ll never forgive the wife that I missed Feb 13, never. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I was just kidding around...but at the same time I’m definitely not buying any one storm track that favors any one place consistently.  Especially after last years ratter. 

22 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I was just kidding around...but at the same time I’m definitely not buying any one storm track that favors any one place consistently.  Especially after last years ratter. 

I hate to say, it can't get worse than last year, because it could and the way things are going it might...lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It can break right for us on occassion but nothing worse then missing a big system by 15 miles to our E. Lately we have missed to our E, N, W, and S lol. I guess we were due after getting crushed in 10/11 and Feb 13 (just barely made it). Though I’ll never forgive the wife that I missed Feb 13, never. 

I missed both of them living in Delaware, so I guess I am due? 18 inches has been the max for me since I have been here. I saw 36" during the blizzard of 96 living in PA, but was only 13 at the time and can't recall too much. Living in rural PA at the time, I remember being truly snowed in for days.15 ft snow drift on 1 road and a 12 foot drift on the other. Needed equipment from Erie to get the roads cleared. 

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I hate to say, it can't get worse than last year, because it could and the way things are going it might...lol

Last year was pretty bad.  If it gets worse, so be it. But I doubt it. And I’m not worried at all that it’ll be worse.  Odds are with us that it’s better. A normal snowfall season here is just fine....that’s what I’m rooting for...just normal. 

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yea. Could be the same theme as last season except we get luckier on or two occassions too. Doesn’t mean the general theme of suck is negated though. 

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I missed both of them living in Delaware, so I guess I am due? 18 inches has been the max for me since I have been here. I saw 36" during the blizzard of 96 living in PA, but was only 13 at the time and can't recall too much. Living in rural PA at the time, I remember being truly snowed in for days.15 ft snow drift on 1 road and a 12 foot drift on the other. Needed equipment from Erie to get the roads cleared. 

Jan 96 will always be the king for me until I see 30”+ over 24hr+ again.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. Could be the same theme as last season except we get luckier on or two occassions too. Doesn’t mean the general theme of suck is negated though. 

All it takes is one or two to break right and it changes everything.  Im staying positive..we won’t repeat last years complete ratter imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Last year was pretty bad.  If it gets worse, so be it. But I doubt it. And I’m not worried at all that it’ll be worse.  Odds are with us that it’s better. A normal snowfall season here is just fine....that’s what I’m rooting for...just normal. 

only thing worse than last year is the twin duds of 01-02 and 11-12.    The Bar is set pretty low for this coming winter.

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

only thing worse than last year is the twin duds of 01-02 and 11-12.    The Bar is set pretty low for this coming winter.

Exactly..but they were a full decade apart.  And that’s my point, won’t take much for this winter to be better than last; not much at all.  We will do better this winter. 

And 11-12 wasn’t much worse at all here in central CT compared to last year.   In fact here, last Year and 11-12 were pretty close to the same animal in the amounts.  

But Even 11-12 had the historic Octobomb for my area here...where we got destroyed.  So as bad as 11-12 was, it had that. 

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like second half of October is on the milder side into November, if the weeklies are right. We ridge.

1938?

15 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

What about 2006-07 and 2007-08?

1 hour ago, snowman21 said:

What about 2006-07 and 2007-08?

Maybe for lower SNE but 2007-08 was decent  for the pike region including BOS and great north of there.