Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol
George BM

September Banter 2020

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Got the wife hooked on fly fishing and caught my first two largemouth bass on the fly rod last weekend. Hoping to try Gunpowder Falls, Antietam Creek, and Beaver Creek next year.

I am catching strippers in the inner harbor right now.. casting gotcha plugs off the deck between the Ritz Carlton and Rusty Scupper... I saw two guys fly fishing last night there.. I have never seen anyone fly fish in the harbor but apparently it is a thing...

2 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I am catching strippers in the inner harbor right now

Hmmm...a dicey prospect even before COVID. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

Lets go Browns! Hope we don’t get embarrassed on National Tv tonight! 

I will actually root for them tonight. They have some legit talent. Maybe they will play disciplined and execute for once.

Big game for Baker. Might be a make or break for him going forward. The bust word is being tossed around, even among die-hard Browns fans.

Not reading back, but saw fly fishing mentioned.

Picked it up while in college (Bucknell) and absolutely fell in love with it. Sparked me to even get a 9-wt setup that I’ve used in the salt.

I don’t do it nearly enough these days, but I would love to be near a place that made fly fishing worthwhile.

Also, I’d fish in a mud puddle.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I will actually root for them tonight. They have some legit talent. Maybe they will play disciplined and execute for once.

Appreciate the positive vibes! Can’t complain about the first half

Any Md people happen to catch the interview of Ben Shifrin - head of ( Jemicy school) on Wbal radio on Wednesday . It's a real breath of fresh air about the whole school reopening ordeal.  Whoever this guy is we need more of his type in our schools imo .  Here's the link . It's about a third way through. 

http://www.wbal.com/podcasts/channel/c4-and-bryan-nehman-podcast/a3b6287b-2bc1-4242-b817-9fe5b77bd90d

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Any Md people happen to catch the interview of Ben Shifrin - head of ( Jemicy school) on Wbal radio on Wednesday . It's a real breath of fresh air about the whole school reopening ordeal.  Whoever this guy is we need more of his type in our schools imo .  Here's the link . It's about a third way through. 

http://www.wbal.com/podcasts/channel/c4-and-bryan-nehman-podcast/a3b6287b-2bc1-4242-b817-9fe5b77bd90d

My wife doesnt let me listen to WBAL anymore.. but anytime I sneak and listen to it.. they are talking about this topic.  

57 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drinking a VAPID DIPA from Aslin

HFHH!

I’m sitting on the deck, in a hoodie, with pumpkins out and I’m drinking a spicy margarita.  Odd choice of a HH cocktail given the weather but oh well.

HFHH!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m in Cozy’s Brewery (aka the garage and my classroom) with the doors open, shooting darts and drinking a Revelation Conan the Juiceman from @CAPE and  @JakkelWx land.

An excellent Friday, for sure.

you can’t beat that!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drinking a FD "The Fear" Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

I brew a really good clone of that. I love the original, but if I brew the clone this year, I’ll make a trip down to share.

Also, left the garage to come down to say hello to old friends at Sliders.

image.jpeg.6ff24256f1151a5fda845f3f2197514f.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I brew a really good clone of that. I love the original, but if I brew the clone this year, I’ll make a trip down to share.

Also, left the garage to come down to say hello to old friends at Sliders.

Be honest. You wear old bay cologne 

• Haha 2