• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob

September 2020 General Discussion

56 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I just noticed last night's run stopped at 384, but the night before went to 840. Only the 00z though.

i think it takes awhile to load.  so it might be many hours before 384-840 come in

A warned line of storms came through late last night.  Heavy rain and wind brought down a lot of leaves. The lightening flashes along with the vivid color was pretty cool.  Another batch of rain coming again tonight.  

The first flakes are still in the forecast next week.  If October is on the colder side, snow will come and likely stay for the season.  Autumn is so short in the north.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As is usually an issue in the fall (and spring), a large area of low clouds developed and is only slowly eroding. Currently in the mid 60’s, with 80 looking increasingly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

As is usually an issue in the fall (and spring), a large area of low clouds developed and is only slowly eroding. Currently in the mid 60’s, with 80 looking increasingly unlikely.

Quite the curveball.  Looked like slam dunk low-mid 80s.

Cloudy/cool here the last couple days with some much needed rain falling today. Rivers need to come up so salmon can spawn. They're barely running right now, and some of the mouths are closed off with gravel bars from lake waves. During the warm spell we had, the salmon were off the Agate Bay break wall, and many fisherman were having real good catches, including my son, who dropped off a nice king fillet. Very tasty!

• Like 1

While it's normal to have bits of color showing up by now, I cannot recall this much color this early. The trees are turning fast and some of the colors are vibrant. Just took these today while out and about.

20200926_150115.jpg

20200926_150051.jpg

20200926_150038.jpg

20200926_150104.jpg

• Like 7

Wife was not impressed with the wx mans forecast. She was looking to get some VIT D today.  Maybe next weekend  May, honey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UMB WX said:

Wife was not impressed with the wx mans forecast. She was looking to get some D today.  Maybe next weekend  May, honey.

Phrasing....

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

ORD got 79'd

Never did see any sun.

Lower cloud deck quickly eroded earl-mid afternoon, but gave-way to the solid high cloud deck.

We are getting some rain early this afternoon.  It's not much, but it's nice to see some again.  I won't have to water the grass seed today.

We will not have much of a fall foliage season this year, thanks to the derecho.  The trees that were able to remain standing were thrashed and thinned out.  The remaining leaves are not in great shape, especially on the west-facing sides of trees.

• Like 1

I picked up a better-than-expected 0.39" of rain early this afternoon.  It had been a couple weeks since it rained, so it was nice to have a day like this again.  It was pretty cool, but it wasn't windy and nasty.

• Like 1

What was that wet stuff falling from the sky? First time the rain gauge has budged in over a month. Only 0.24 in my bucket but it is a start.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, Jim Martin said:

Nevada, OH must be near Florida, OH, Texas, OH, Kansas, OH, Oregon, OH, Mexico, OH, North Baltimore, OH, and New Philadelphia, OH. Or maybe it's just close to Ohiowa, Nebraska.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Nevada, OH must be near Florida, OH, Texas, OH, Kansas, OH, Oregon, OH, Mexico, OH, North Baltimore, OH, and New Philadelphia, OH. Or maybe it's just close to Ohiowa, Nebraska.

Nevada is in Wyandot County, Florida and Texas are in Henry County, Kansas is in northern Seneca County,  Oregon is in Lucas County, North Baltimore is in southern Wood County,  New Philadelphia is in Tuscarawas County.

• Thanks 1