• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

September 2020 Discussion

image.png.2dcb0da8541b3268513034557c8e7fa3.png

The 9 years I've lived at this location... this is typically the complexion of this tree on or around October 10...  reaching pinnacle expression around the 13th or 14th of the month...

This year is an early anomaly by 2.5 weeks... That's "pretty" substantial -

• Like 2

What a world of difference down he.  Car was reading 81* when I pulled into the drive.  Meanwhile, IWI checking in with 61* and RKD at 58*.and overcast.

The only green I could see on 295 between BNS and PWM were the pines.  Everything else was colored out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

74F in the Adirondacks today.  Probably just a few days shy of peak color. Beautiful day.

20200926_122117_2.jpg

IMG_20200926_111753_791.jpg

Woah 

• Like 1

Drove through some monstrous mansions coming from Jamaica Pond into Brookline, Jerry. My bro-in-law lives in Brookline. Always think of you when I’m here!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man that looks sick. You go there every day, Scott?

Haven’t been here since last weekend because was on the Gondi side during the week.  But this route is by far the least busy hike up the hill and I like that as the dog can be off leash the whole way.  We then loop down the mowed ski trails, if moving quick it can be an hour up, hour down, total time away from house about 2.5 hours.

With the fading daylight it’s been harder to hike after work these days.

What a day though... classic 2020... take the wife for a COVID test and then go for a hike.  A normal Saturday.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haven’t been here since last weekend because was on the Gondi side during the week.  But this route is by far the least busy hike up the hill and I like that as the dog can be off leash the whole way.  We then loop down the mowed ski trails, if moving quick it can be an hour up, hour down, total time away from house about 2.5 hours.

With the fading daylight it’s been harder to hike after work these days.

What a day though... classic 2020... take the wife for a COVID test and then go for a hike.  A normal Saturday.

Jesus up and down 4K like nothing. That’s great. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus up and down 4K like nothing. That’s great. 

I can get up and down the basement stairs pretty quickly to grab a cold one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Amazing fall evening here. 

Are you looking at the backside of the Presidentials there? Have to get my bearings for winter webcams.

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

image.png.2dcb0da8541b3268513034557c8e7fa3.png

The 9 years I've lived at this location... this is typically the complexion of this tree on or around October 10...  reaching pinnacle expression around the 13th or 14th of the month...

This year is an early anomaly by 2.5 weeks... That's "pretty" substantial -

White Mountains are at peak.  Going to be lots of disappointed people come Columbus Day weekend which is 2 weeks away.  Rain this week should take down lots of leaves.  Earliest foliage I have ever seen up here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

72/49 with a breeze and peak colors. Bully day!

I haven't heard the term "bully" since William Jennings Bryan was stumping. Capital.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Standing here right now, just enjoying this view.  It’s straight magic right now as the sun goes behind Mansfield’s ridge line.

2289D9F1-F79F-4010-B51C-AF9650B2B067.thumb.jpeg.1a352927bdc48fe104a92589310281a8.jpeg

Nosedive?

• Like 2

Late day sun angle making the hills even more red this evening.  Best reds in a long time.

High of 81F in the valley at the ASOS... it was just an amazing, warm, breezy evening to be out wandering the mountains.  Normally hiking in the late day shadow of Mansfield would be quite chilly, but that south wind was blowing pretty mild... no sharp drop in temperature with the shadow line today.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.02f987450611aa06abde2997c00288bb.jpg

• Like 4