• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

September 2020 Discussion

Damn...I promised my daughter I’d head up there the Sunday or Monday after I retire to uninstall her.   She may be chilly for the next 3 weeks!

Just now, weathafella said:

Damn...I promised my daughter I’d head up there the Sunday or Monday after I retire to uninstall her.   She may be chilly for the next 3 weeks!

Congrats on your retirement!

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sun/Mon may be close...even for him.

If it happens and not like its going to ruin his lawn, ha ha.

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looks like 1st 30s may occur tonight.  Will be dependent upon cloud cover and winds though.

I’m hoping Thursday we can get you into the low 80s for a day.  

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m hoping Thursday we can get you into the low 80s for a day.  

May make it today.  It's 77F now.  I'll take em.

It is borderline cold outside for September 14th at 3pm in the middle of the afternoon.  Really don't want to turn the heat on later.

We were just talking about wearing shorts with temps in the 50s?  I went with shorts today and not sure it was the right choice.

Up at 1,500ft we are holding at 51-52F and looks like down in town is mid/upper 50s.  

temp.jpg.2b19427f3a2aabd345c7b5a4d612e8bb.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It is borderline cold outside for September 14th at 3pm in the middle of the afternoon.  Really don't want to turn the heat on later.

We were just talking about wearing shorts with temps in the 50s?  I went with shorts today and not sure it was the right choice.

Up at 1,500ft we are holding at 51-52F and looks like down in town is mid/upper 50s.  

temp.jpg.2b19427f3a2aabd345c7b5a4d612e8bb.jpg

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/fbh/d/stowe-4-diamond-resort-immediate/7195971908.html

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well deserved my man. Enjoy it. 

Thanks Luke!  My best day will be turning in all the devices that tethers me to work.  At least full time work.  

Mild day today-in shorts but definitely longs up in VT!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Ha, on Boston craigslist with the VT unemployment numbers but struggling to hire.  My wife manages the spa and tennis centers there.  Nice property.

57/40 at MVL.  Clear skies.  I like a low of 36-37F with dense fog here.  Fog will save us a frost but just above the fog layer will frost, maybe 900-1000ft.

• Like 1

Got my answer. Apparently it won’t affect outgoing long wave radiation,  but will have an effect on incoming shortwave radiation, which is what we have during the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Got my answer. Apparently it won’t affect outgoing long wave radiation,  but will have an effect on incoming shortwave radiation, which is what we have during the day. 

Interesting.  Even really high cirrus seems to effect that outgoing radiation.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.  Even really high cirrus seems to effect that outgoing radiation.

I guess particle size has to do with it. That’s what the experts say anyways. Can’t  say I’m familiar with smoke forecasting lol.

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yup...net cooling effect.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, on Boston craigslist with the VT unemployment numbers but struggling to hire.  My wife manages the spa and tennis centers there.  Nice property.

57/40 at MVL.  Clear skies.  I like a low of 36-37F with dense fog here.  Fog will save us a frost but just above the fog layer will frost, maybe 900-1000ft.

What's it pay? Lol

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, well I will probably hit like 34/33 whereas Alex will somehow manage 27. LOL

You can have it. I don't need the cold yet lol. Foliage starting to look good in spots though. Taken today 

0E91E05C-F4E4-4CD8-A19F-413A8613A5CA.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1