Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I could see a zone to the north along the actual front itself like on some of the hi res. This won't be strictly a S coast thing at all. But, there may be a Stein zone possible in between. 

Fairly certain no matter what the set up, Kev will assume no rain regardless of modeling until he actually gets a soaking rain.  It’s like late in a snowless winter, no one expects it to happen.

Hope that poor guy gets some rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Fairly certain no matter what the set up, Kev will assume no rain regardless of modeling until he actually gets a soaking rain.  It’s like late in a snowless winter, no one expects it to happen.

Hope that poor guy gets some rain.

He's flooding me with texts about this being a S coast deal...lol. I don't agree. NAM jacks NW MA and nrn ORH county through tomorrow aftn. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You water seed every day, but I feel good about at least your seed getting watered naturally, tomorrow. 

I’m not saying no rain. What I’m saying is I feel as the look of this has much of C and N CT getting web handed by Stein. Like .10-.20 or something. Of course that wets the dust for the day but evaporates by noon the next day . You and Freak may be totally correct with your flood forecasts and jacks here.. I just see it being north and especially south coast 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So should I not water the seed today? You feel great about a soaker right?

I haven’t looked at anything but know you are forecasting with emotion.

Actually, just looked at 12z... the 3km NAM, 12km NAM, GGEM, ICON, UKMET all have 0.50”< for you... 12z GFS is delayed by NCEP.  ECM isn’t out yet.

We’ll see.  But right now from a guidance perspective there would be no reason to think it doesn’t water your lawn unless forecasting based on pessimism.  It’s not a flood forecast or whatever you want to spin it, but there’s no reason looking at every single 12z model that it won’t be a decent rain of 1/3-2/3”.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not saying no rain. What I’m saying is I feel as the look of this has much of C and N CT getting web handed by Stein. Like .10-.20 or something. Of course that wets the dust for the day but evaporates by noon the next day . You and Freak may be totally correct with your flood forecasts and jacks here.. I just see it being north and especially south coast 

Ha. Who said jacks and floods?  You’re a trip.

I guess my point is the guidance looks fine but I get how the mind plays into it.  It’s happened to all of us when every snow event falls apart for two months, even looking right at one your mind sees how it fails.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Actually, just looked at 12z... the 3km NAM, 12km NAM, GGEM, ICON, UKMET all have 0.50”< for you... 12z GFS is delayed by NCEP.  ECM isn’t out yet.

We’ll see.  But right now from a guidance perspective there would be no reason to think it doesn’t water your lawn unless forecasting based on pessimism.  It’s not a flood forecast or whatever you want to spin it, but there’s no reason looking at every single 12z model that it won’t be a decent rain of 1/3-2/3”.

GFS gets him decent rain too. If you get 0.30" that is fine with September sun. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You do realize they’ve been showing that each and every event all summer right? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You do realize they’ve been showing that each and every event all summer right? 

Then what are you basing your ideas off of?  Persistence?  Fear?  Perpetual sinking air that the models can’t see over N.CT that’s like a standing wave of sink since May?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Then what are you basing your ideas off of?  Persistence?  Fear?  Perpetual sinking air that the models can’t see over N.CT that’s like a standing wave of sink since May?

The bolded....it's emotional forecasting.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The bolded....it's emotional forecasting.

I’ve been there, ha.  That’s what I was saying, like when you get 2 months of failed snow events, even if the models show you at 6-12” with 24 hours to go, your mind starts with the defense mechanisms... it’ll go south, banding will go north, you start almost making up reasons why the models are wrong.

We’ve all been there but I know it takes a good face slap by you or Scooter to snap out of that unscientific line of thinking, ha.

Looking at 12z I’d go like 1/3rd to 2/3rds of an inch for Tolland County.

26 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

No rain for me up here unless more of a north trend.  We just took a 8 mile bike ride.  Many small trees have drooping leaves.  Not turning color just drooping or even turning brown on some small trees.

Yeah looking pretty dry for most of NH on all modeling. I'm doing OK locally with soil moisture after the 1-2" a week or so ago. At least insolation is declining so there isn't as much moisture loss as near the solar peak.

• Like 1