Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,131
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

August Banter 2020


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

I like GMBM.  Much more decisive than McPhee.  Said the Caps need an experienced coach.  Hopefully they're looking at Laviolette or Gallant.

Feels like the choices we have are just the usual retreads that last a couple seasons and then lose the locker room. Laviolette has the better pedigree and prefer that given his one cup and how he managed NSH.  

Gallant is fine and seems to be getting better as a HC.  He just doesn't have the same track record as Laviolette

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Mountcastle adding a little more punch in the line up compared to Davis. 

I think it's time for the O's to cut there losses. 

To me weither he is on the team or not he is not helping them win. 

Time to move on.

 

As soon as they release him, their will be the inevitable career renaissance somewhere else.. 

Also.. What was the deal with the speed he was on?  Did he actually have an ADHD diagnosis?  Was he abusing the meds he was on at the time he was leading the league in homers? 

The fact that the failed drug test coincided with the slump tells me that his performance was aided by whatever he was taking.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

As soon as they release him, their will be the inevitable career renaissance somewhere else.. 

Also.. What was the deal with the speed he was on?  Did he actually have an ADHD diagnosis?  Was he abusing the meds he was on at the time he was leading the league in homers? 

The fact that the failed drug test coincided with the slump tells me that his performance was aided by whatever he was taking.  

I think he had eventually been given a waiver to use a different drug than the one he was using, which was adderall. Maybe not though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Always impressive to see you take your Eeyore act on the road. In this case, to the main tropical thread...

I keep forgetting how much of a dumpster fire the main tropical threads are. I post something in there to raise a point about caution regarding RI on a ragged looking tropical system, and all the doom porn posters come out and brigade the crap out of you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I keep forgetting how much of a dumpster fire the main tropical threads are. I post something in there to raise a point about caution regarding RI on a ragged looking tropical system, and all the doom porn posters come out and brigade the crap out of you.

i mean to be fair, you had to know what you were walking into ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Which is why I've made a mental note to never wade in there again.

its for the best, really. there are some really knowledgeable tropical posters, so the thread is good if you can looked past all the weenie shit. 

but i follow most of those good ones on twitter, dont need that thread to get information

however - i did appreciate your posts. i think it was a valid comment to make, and your follow up to those who pushed back. so thanks!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I keep forgetting how much of a dumpster fire the main tropical threads are. I post something in there to raise a point about caution regarding RI on a ragged looking tropical system, and all the doom porn posters come out and brigade the crap out of you.

tropical season is the worst

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

“Bang on a trash can lid and (Houston) will get the message.”

wish I could take credit for that but I saw it on Twitter 

In 2005 people panicked and evacuated large parts of Houston days before Hurricane Rita was even thinking of moving in that direction. Rita ended up not hitting Houston (shocker), and the evacuation killed more people and caused more problems than the storm itself. Needlessly calling for evacuation beyond 72 hours is a highly risky event. Rest assured, emergency managers are going through their 5 day pre-landfall checks and if evacs are needed, they'll be called for. You cannot force people to leave though, only renters on coastal properties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

In 2005 people panicked and evacuated large parts of Houston days before Hurricane Rita was even thinking of moving in that direction. Rita ended up not hitting Houston (shocker), and the evacuation killed more people and caused more problems than the storm itself. Needlessly calling for evacuation beyond 72 hours is a highly risky event. Rest assured, emergency managers are going through their 5 day pre-landfall checks and if evacs are needed, they'll be called for. You cannot force people to leave though, only renters on coastal properties.

Concur, I just thought it was a funny line. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm gonna wade in and end all my sentences with an exclamation point!

It's a monster, shear won't affect it!

I hope they are taking care in Lake Charles!

God help the people in Port Arthur if this monster wobbles left!

Why aren't we evacuating Arkansas!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm gonna wade in and end all my sentences with an exclamation point!

It's a monster, shear won't affect it!

I hope they are taking care in Lake Charles!

God help the people in Port Arthur if this monster wobbles left!

The Orioles aren't terrible this year!

Its almost Labor Day!

Ketchup is the best condiment!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...