Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2020

George BM

I didn't think this would go well.

Sources: MLB commissioner warns of shutdown if coronavirus isn't better managed

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29572885/sources-mlb-commissioner-warns-shutdown-players-do-better-job-managing-coronavirus

I still don't think the NFL has a clue what they are doing, and imo there is zero chance the season is completed- if it even gets started. There is a reason players are opting out. The NFL "plan" is destined to fail. It was always going to be difficult to pull off given the large rosters and nature of the sport, but they had plenty of time to figure this out, unlimited funds to really get creative, and it appears they have done the minimum.

Hope I am wrong. Only sport I enjoy watching.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

The Winter discussion chat makes me laugh. I firmly believe (hope) that anything compared to last winter will be better.. my bar is not high.. a couple minor events and some chilly afternoons. Before we know it the Polar Vortex of Death will be back on the news

8 hours ago, CAPE said:

I didn't think this would go well.

Sources: MLB commissioner warns of shutdown if coronavirus isn't better managed

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29572885/sources-mlb-commissioner-warns-shutdown-players-do-better-job-managing-coronavirus

I still don't think the NFL has a clue what they are doing, and imo there is zero chance the season is completed- if it even gets started. There is a reason players are opting out. The NFL "plan" is destined to fail. It was always going to be difficult to pull off given the large rosters and nature of the sport, but they had plenty of time to figure this out, unlimited funds to really get creative, and it appears they have done the minimum.

Hope I am wrong. Only sport I enjoy watching.

How can one reasonably expect the sports business managers to 'figure this out', when that has not been achieved by any other US entity, whether business or government?

56 minutes ago, etudiant said:

How can one reasonably expect the sports business managers to 'figure this out', when that has not been achieved by any other US entity, whether business or government?

Dude. Read for context. The NBA assessed their situation, made significant adjustments, thought outside the box, and "figured out" a process that gives them a reasonable chance to complete their season. These sports leagues literally have any and all resources available to them, especially the NFL. We will see how it works out.

2 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

The Winter discussion chat makes me laugh. I firmly believe (hope) that anything compared to last winter will be better.. my bar is not high.. a couple minor events and some chilly afternoons. Before we know it the Polar Vortex of Death will be back on the news

It's early, and the thread is really just casual tracking/discussion of some of the indices that tend to influence the character of winter, along with some general speculation at this point. If the 'chat' makes you laugh, you may need to 'filter' a bit.

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's early, and the thread is really just casual tracking/discussion of some of the indices that tend to influence the character of winter, along with some general speculation at this point. If the 'chat' makes you laugh, you may need to 'filter' a bit.

Didn't mean it in a snarky way. I understand that any winter talk in August is based on very early indications, just bemused at any winter talk this early I suppose. Cant say I don’t enjoy thinking about it already

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic