• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol

May Discobs 2020

1 minute ago, BlizzardNole said:

Can't wait to retire in 9 years and move away from this climate hellhole. 

Yea this is pretty much the worst climo spot in the country across the board for weather lovers.

52 degrees and heavy dew this AM.  Really looking forward to some sustained warmer weather.

29 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Can't wait to retire in 9 years and move away from this climate hellhole. 

I can retire in almost a year but anchor babies will keep me around. Want to move NW to see snow but can only move far enough to stay in my kids school pyramid 

• Like 1

I've just had it with six months plus of the year with dead looking leafless trees, gloomy cold springs flipping instantly to 90s, and boring winters.  I want to be able to garden longer and have less months of looking at forests that look like dead sticks.  I'll travel for a couple snow fixes per year.

Happy for today though -- almost 60 already.  Get those grills fired up later!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I can retire in almost a year but anchor babies will keep me around. Want to move NW to see snow but can only move far enough to stay in my kids school pyramid 

Nursing homes will be in short supply when you are elderly and you will not regret having kids. You will have less fossil fuel slaves working for you but less is more.

Absolutely stellar day today.  Just got back from the garden center & planted my annuals out on the patio.  Ready to day drink outside & bbq later.  

• Like 3

One of my first outings in the quarantine to the local garden center. It was packed! 

10/10 May day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Absolutely stellar day today.  Just got back from the garden center & planted my annuals out on the patio.  Ready to day drink outside & bbq later.  

I am right with you!  Got some gorgeous new guinea impatiens for the deck pots, and will have some afternoon beers and BBQ some chicken later.  Up to 66 with sun.  Got the same ones as last year that look like this by late summer:

image.png.179f64d62ac13b46bc3e3bd007b4f017.png

• Like 2

Even with a biblical cold beyond Thunderdome set up I don’t think flakes can fly in May below 1000 feet elevation.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Even with a biblical cold beyond Thunderdome set up I don’t think flakes can fly in May below 1000 feet elevation.  

I don’t think it will snow east of the mountains, but think it is possible/ probable that it could be frosty or even below freezing west of I95 the morning of the 10th.

51 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB GEFS at Day 10....NW folks better keep the annuals in the pots!  Temps are GEFS mean for Sun am 10th.

I’ll go with the over on those. 

41 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Absolutely beautiful today.  We deserved this one.  70 and full sun is hard to beat.

I got so much done outside. Tank top and SPF 30 all day. Sunny skies, gentle breeze and still cool in the shade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Where the hell was this when we needed it?

WB 12Z EPS.  Hug 10 or laugh whatever your point of view!  Temps for 10th.  It will be a couple  degrees colder than screenshot of 6z.  Need a 9z shot.

DF1582D9-CE3F-457C-B1CF-2833AAB19D16.png

81608BD6-AE7B-477B-AD23-4143025F9C35.png

CE322C6E-7B06-4942-A4A1-5ABFD198E3D8.png

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Where the hell was this when we needed it?

I don’t know brother.  Mother Nature loves to f*** with us.  Watch Nov arrive with +NAO -PNA and death spiral phase 5.  Might need to check early bird rates at the Hotel Panic.  Something with a view please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I got so much done outside. Tank top and SPF 30 all day. Sunny skies, gentle breeze and still cool in the shade

Did you have your new balances on with your wife beater?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Weather Will said:
WB 12Z EPS.  Hug 10 or laugh whatever your point of view!  Temps for 10th.  It will be a couple  degrees colder than screenshot of 6z.  Need a 9z shot.
DF1582D9-CE3F-457C-B1CF-2833AAB19D16.thumb.png.6ed25710513b3393b7c7a84161a47660.png
81608BD6-AE7B-477B-AD23-4143025F9C35.thumb.png.54fbe49e881746948747e29a82c4e7b5.png
CE322C6E-7B06-4942-A4A1-5ABFD198E3D8.thumb.png.14c8890bd7bf62e2690f545679387b7e.png

You buried the lede. Check the Control.

1589198400-uUAmiX7vrtk.png

1589176800-0iq1AUdccbE.png

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

GFS had the same storm at 18z yesterday, GEFS offers a little bit of support now too. It’s obviously not going to happen, but it’s a testament to this crappy cold patten that there is even a window barely cracked open.

Not gonna lie..I’m upset about the bullseye being south of me and west on the control.  Plenty of time for adjustments.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

You buried the lede. Check the Control.

1589198400-uUAmiX7vrtk.png

1589176800-0iq1AUdccbE.png

That looks so similar to the March 2013 snowfall forecast map, I almost puked when I saw it.

18z GFS is close to something but it  gets crushed by the PV.  A very odd problem to have in May

Are we really doing this right now lol. I know the pattern is gonna get a little rare May chilly this week but sheesh. What’s the latest recorded snow measurement at the airports? Curiosity strikes now 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Did you have your new balances on with your wife beater?

Buster Browns, wife beater and jorts

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

The toy is at the ready!

I don’t think it’s possible.  Beyond unprecedented in recorded history.  I’m in.