Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor

April 27 2020 late season snow event

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was just about to ask !

I cancelled my weather models subscription so I don’t have it, Doesn’t look like it changed much from 12z. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Tried to tell folks this season should have some tricks up its sleeve late...just even later than I had thought. 

Clown maps look like a set of nutz hanging over Kevin's bald head. This is incredible if it pans out. I mean let's stall this bitch and let it rip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yup same, All those that were happy when Feb and early March we’re garbage for snow, I told them be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ditto...always cancel end of .March 

I keep mine year round.  10 bucks , use it for gardening and of course to track canes hitting the gulf

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Yup same, All those that were happy when Feb and early March we’re garbage for snow, I told them be careful what you wish for.

What amazed me the 18th was how it hung around all day. That was some cold air mass

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Tried to tell folks this season should have some tricks up its sleeve late...just even later than I had thought. 

Can we just can this pattern and open up January 2021 with it?  I’m sure we’ll be back to the pig and SE ridge by then. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just use tropical tidbits for canes

Tropical T is good for cane season, I had cancelled my SV acct twice now to only activate it for these last two.

• Like 1

This. We had shat for most of feb and Mar and now we get it

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
38 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, Sucks, We could have rode the crap out of those 2 mos local.

Maybe the tail end down here is for real. EPS looks sweet for western MA into the Monads, Still keep an eye out for Hunchie too.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe the tail end down here is for real. EPS looks sweet for western MA into the Monads, Still keep an eye out for Hunchie too.

Look at this profile for ORH for Apruary.  Sick

KORH_2020042412_forecast_XZT_LO_240.png

KORH_2020042412_forecast_XZRH_LO_240.png

39 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
58 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sunday river was still loaded as of yesterday, what a great end of the season this would have been there.

7 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Sunday river was still loaded as of yesterday, what a great end of the season this would have been there.

I was thinking the same here. Don't think I remember so much top to bottom coverage since moving here

Just now, alex said:

I was thinking the same here. Don't think I remember so much top to bottom coverage since moving here

Last time I remember something similar was 08 I think. Just such a bummer because as a local skier this is the type of April you dream about at the River. We don’t get lots of late season snow events like the orographic weenies in northern VT do. Plus this would have saved an otherwise below average season. 

1 minute ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Last time I remember something similar was 08 I think. Just such a bummer because as a local skier this is the type of April you dream about at the River. We don’t get lots of late season snow events like the orographic weenies in northern VT do. Plus this would have saved an otherwise below average season. 

They only would have had Barker open on weekends this week

• Like 1

What’s the real deal with traveling from NJ to VT? I have a cabin in West Wardsboro, wanted to drive up with my son tomorrow, just do some cleanup around the house, take a drive around (not leave car), check the property, isolate there. Relax, watch some flakes Sunday. Bringing our own food for a few days. Am I not ok doing that seeing I am a VT homeowner?