• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/17-18 snow threat

ORH_wxman

The power situation was frustrating. Very little tree damage, but no crews to fix anything. I went to the CL&P office in Tolland to find out about repairs. Nobody in the office. Thank goodness my dad had power. The biggest problem was running out of water. We had two huge Saint Bernard's in the house.

• Sad 1

Man...18z GFS really weenie’d out on the developing CCB. Just saw it. Looks overdone/zonked compared to other guidance but that was some decent 3 hourly totals...prob would keep accumulating into the morning hours over ORH county in that scenario. 

May still have to watch for that feature. Could add on some accumulation...esp prior to about 15z when the sun angle starts getting a bit high. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

We had zero leaf out in my neighborhood and I measured 3.7" out of the last event. We definitely had some large branches down, just lucky that none in the immediate vicinity took out any lines. Though my particular development is buried lines, they start running underground 200 yards up the street. 

Hey there Oceanstwx.  I'm sure you noticed that your old DVN cwa is getting hit pretty good from this storm.  :snowing:

Your post is helpful to me bc I've been trying to gauge how much of a tree problem this may be imby.  I have zero experience with a snow of this magnitude this late in the season.  Leaf out has just begun around here and expecting about 5-6" of heavy, wet snow.  

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hey there Oceanstwx.  I'm sure you noticed that your old DVN cwa is getting hit pretty good from this storm.  :snowing:

Your post is helpful to me bc I've been trying to gauge how much of a tree problem this may be imby.  I have zero experience with a snow of this magnitude this late in the season.  Leaf out has just begun around here and expecting about 5-6" of heavy, wet snow.  

Hey, my experience is that damage begins around 4 inches on Pines and 6 to 8 on sturdy hardwoods with diseased trees the least. Good luck

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Overdone obviously, but ORH would be my pick for the jackpot in this outside of some random spot at 2k in the berks. 

I already told the wife and kid we are driving to Savoy Saturday morning.  35-40 minutes for one last taste of something that we may not see again for 7 months seems worth it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Overdone obviously, but ORH would be my pick for the jackpot in this outside of some random spot at 2k in the berks. 

Agreed, ORH has been looking fantastic for days.  I’ve been on the TOL-ORH.  Will have to watch these little tickles as ORH has a lot more wiggle room than TOL.