• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Crypto Guys… What’s going on?  Is this the big rug pull in the middle of the night?  If this don’t bounce back people gonna be freaking in the morning.  Lot of people buying calling this the big dip.  I’d be nervous right the minute.  

D2E1255D-25A8-41C5-A44D-F0405D9A9408.jpeg

Omni fears same thing happened with market last 2 weeks 

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I cried more tonight then the last few years combined. It’s so hard saying the final goodbye

Sorry for your loss. I lost one of my dogs 4 years ago now and still could cry over him. Especially when our newest puppy does something to remind me of him. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

So I’d say this was a “green” move but I’d be lying. If any of you guys are car guys I highly recommend the Tesla model y performance. Faster than any of cars and motorcycles I’ve owned. 

BFD16004-820E-4A3B-A6AF-EF247137E879.jpeg

I rented a model 3 performance when we were on vacation in Colorado back in September. I’m not really for or against them, all autos have pros and cons, but that thing was pretty fun to drive. Very quiet (obviously) but no wind or tire noise.  I’d be up for getting one now.

6E47D7DA-A18A-4F42-A287-2832079F8A7D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 12:17 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Just had to say goodbye to my wifes parents dog today. I picked it out as a puppy when we were dating. The hardest thing in the world to do.

Sorry man.  It's a terrible feeling.  I remember how distraught my uncle was when he put down his first dog.  I'd love to get one but the part where you have to say goodbye always scares me.  

On 12/4/2021 at 1:09 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

I cried more tonight then the last few years combined. It’s so hard saying the final goodbye

I feel for ya. My girlfriends 6-7 yr old dog got what we think was some form of  cancer and we tried everything for about 5 months to limited success and put her down late June. Then my 10-11 yr old guy suddenly collapsed on a walk in mid August. Ultrasound at emergency vet found a mass on his spleen had ruptured. 25% it was non cancerous and 75% chance it was cancer and even with surgery was only giving him 2-4 months. It was the worst decision I’ve ever had to make….My guy had a rough last 10 months as my jackass neighbor stole him back in oct 2020 but thanks to microchip we got him back after 18hrs…

My guy Hogan on the left, gf Maggie on the right . 

223AEBAA-5AA2-4AFF-AE7D-5361FC984D03.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Polarbear said:

I feel for ya. My girlfriends 6-7 yr old dog got what we think was some form of  cancer and we tried everything for about 5 months to limited success and put her down late June. Then my 10-11 yr old guy suddenly collapsed on a walk in mid August. Ultrasound at emergency vet found a mass on his spleen had ruptured. 25% it was non cancerous and 75% chance it was cancer and even with surgery was only giving him 2-4 months. It was the worst decision I’ve ever had to make….My guy had a rough last 10 months as my jackass neighbor stole him back in oct 2020 but thanks to microchip we got him back after 18hrs…

My guy Hogan on the left, gf Maggie on the right . 

223AEBAA-5AA2-4AFF-AE7D-5361FC984D03.jpeg

Neighbor stole your dog?  WTF.  Some neighbors...

4 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Neighbor stole your dog?  WTF.  Some neighbors...

Yeaaa...Ill try to keep it as short as possible..
For the 10+ yrs ive lived here we had always been friendly, talked maybe 1 or 2x's a month.  We helped each other with simple little projects around our property's You know neighborly stuff.. I live out in a rural area, one neighbor to my east and nothing to my west or across the street for 1/2 mile.
We left to get take out dinner on a Sat about 430, with my gf car in the driveway, Noted my neighbor outside working in the yard per usual. I have a sunroom where we leave the dogs when we are gone with a doggy door to come in and out and I have about about 3/4 of my 1.5 acre lined with PetStop invisible fence. Which they were trained on and never EVER left the yard.
So we came home about 615 saw my neighbor was gone and immediately knew something was up as the pups didnt come out to greet us. Her dog was there, obviosuly mine was not. Spent the next several hrs til about midnight looking around the area. Well about 1000 my neighbor came home so I went right over to talk to him.
Tell him that Hogan was missing and did you see anything.
He said "oh no I've been gone since mid afternoon"
Me- Really cause I saw you when we left at 430 and I think I saw you on the main rd like 5 mins before we got back.
Him- No I was shopping in Rochester(noted that he had nothing in his hands for shopping) YEa, I dont know probably the coyotes called him over the fence and attacked him.(if anyone knew my dog you'd know that would never happen. He wasnt much for other animals like Im not to most people, almost like he was introvert like me) This also struck me as odd cause that seemed like 0-100, also found it odd that he never commented hope ya find him, let me know if you need any help etc. just the coyote comment.
At this point he was obviously trying to get away from me and inside. Turning around I noted what seemed like fur on him. HE only has cats and one thing about Hogan is he would shed 24/7/365.
Fast forward to next morning I slept maybe an hr and at 330 I go outside to walk around and see if I can hear anything. I eventually took a causal stroll past my neighbors escape looking around the interior and the back seat was covered in what sure looked like fur. Regrettably I didnt take a photo not knowing if it would do me anything good or get me in trouble.
Spend all morning with both families out looking for about 6hrs and nothing. As the morning wore on and I was talking more about my interaction with said neighbor the more suspicious I got. About 1 pm I sent everyone home because I didnt know what else to do. The night before I was convinced he wasnt in the area because he just didnt have that much ambition but i was even more convinced by noon Sunday.
I hadnt eaten in over a day by this point and need comfort food(pizza/wings) As im pulling out the driveway my phone rings and it was the microchip company calling to say they had just gotten a ping on his chip(I had reported him missing to them earlier in the morning) at the Verona animal shelter in Rochester. ABout this time I got a call from said shelter as well. I couldnt believe it and made the lady text me a picture of him. As the crow flies its about 34 miles to where he was found in someones back yard who called it in. It was not a great area of the city either. I wonder if he was hoping he become a bait dog or something...
He was missing his collar with his tags but the 250 dollar collar with the invisible fence receiver was still on him(probably hoping it was shocking him)
Anyways I got him back the next day, called troopers told them everything and plead my case.It'd be pretty brave to drive by and just  come into a driveway and swipe a dog with cars in the drive. Plus the dogs dont lay in an area thats visible from the rd when driving by. In 11.5yrs Ive been here ive had maybe 3 pull in and turn around so that opportunity seems unlikely. I even told them about the fur in the car.
Plus why wouldnt you take both dogs!! TO which I figure Hogan was familar with this guy and would like go right to him where as Maggie didnt know him really and was more like to bark and retreat. It seemed really convenient and stupid that he was found in Roc right where he had just come from.  The few other houses in the area are either older people or younger families with their own dogs.  Everything just seemed to come back to him. The trooper pressed him but he wouldnt confess( I wasnt there but thats what the trooper came back and told me) Also commented how he got really weird when the trooper said we had got Hogan back. But without any confession or video I was SOL... I did go through his garbage that week looking for the collar but no luck.
Anyways ever since then if he's out walking or in his yard and Im driving by  he will look down or away when I get close enough. He stops mowing his yard if I start to mow mine. The other day he just turned around and stared at the wall of his garage as I drove by real slow. MY goal is to make him as uncomfortable as possible going forward. I've of course got a few cameras now and im in the process of getting even more...

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

For the 10+ yrs ive lived here we had always been friendly, talked maybe 1 or 2x's a month.  We helped each other with simple little projects around our property's You know neighborly stuff.. I live out in a rural area, one neighbor to my east and nothing to my west or across the street for 1/2 mile.
We left to get take out dinner on a Sat about 430, with my gf car in the driveway, Noted my neighbor outside working in the yard per usual. I have a sunroom where we leave the dogs when we are gone with a doggy door to come in and out and I have about about 3/4 of my 1.5 acre lined with PetStop invisible fence. Which they were trained on and never EVER left the yard.
So we came home about 615 saw my neighbor was gone and immediately knew something was up as the pups didnt come out to greet us. Her dog was there, obviosuly mine was not. Spent the next several hrs til about midnight looking around the area. Well about 1000 my neighbor came home so I went right over to talk to him.
Me- Really cause I saw you when we left at 430 and I think I saw you on the main rd like 5 mins before we got back.
Him- No I was shopping in Rochester(noted that he had nothing in his hands for shopping) YEa, I dont know probably the coyotes called him over the fence and attacked him.(if anyone knew my dog you'd know that would never happen. He wasnt much for other animals like Im not to most people, almost like he was introvert like me) This also struck me as odd cause that seemed like 0-100, also found it odd that he never commented hope ya find him, let me know if you need any help etc. just the coyote comment.
At this point he was obviously trying to get away from me and inside. Turning around I noted what seemed like fur on him. HE only has cats and one thing about Hogan is he would shed 24/7/365.
Fast forward to next morning I slept maybe an hr and at 330 I go outside to walk around and see if I can hear anything. I eventually took a causal stroll past my neighbors escape looking around the interior and the back seat was covered in what sure looked like fur. Regrettably I didnt take a photo not knowing if it would do me anything good or get me in trouble.
Spend all morning with both families out looking for about 6hrs and nothing. As the morning wore on and I was talking more about my interaction with said neighbor the more suspicious I got. About 1 pm I sent everyone home because I didnt know what else to do. The night before I was convinced he wasnt in the area because he just didnt have that much ambition but i was even more convinced by noon Sunday.
I hadnt eaten in over a day by this point and need comfort food(pizza/wings) As im pulling out the driveway my phone rings and it was the microchip company calling to say they had just gotten a ping on his chip(I had reported him missing to them earlier in the morning) at the Verona animal shelter in Rochester. ABout this time I got a call from said shelter as well. I couldnt believe it and made the lady text me a picture of him. As the crow flies its about 34 miles to where he was found in someones back yard who called it in. It was not a great area of the city either. I wonder if he was hoping he become a bait dog or something...
He was missing his collar with his tags but the 250 dollar collar with the invisible fence receiver was still on him(probably hoping it was shocking him)
Anyways I got him back the next day, called troopers told them everything and plead my case.It'd be pretty brave to drive by and just  come into a driveway and swipe a dog with cars in the drive. Plus the dogs dont lay in an area thats visible from the rd when driving by. In 11.5yrs Ive been here ive had maybe 3 pull in and turn around so that opportunity seems unlikely. I even told them about the fur in the car.
Plus why wouldnt you take both dogs!! TO which I figure Hogan was familar with this guy and would like go right to him where as Maggie didnt know him really and was more like to bark and retreat. It seemed really convenient and stupid that he was found in Roc right where he had just come from.  The few other houses in the area are either older people or younger families with their own dogs.  Everything just seemed to come back to him. The trooper pressed him but he wouldnt confess( I wasnt there but thats what the trooper came back and told me) Also commented how he got really weird when the trooper said we had got Hogan back. But without any confession or video I was SOL... I did go through his garbage that week looking for the collar but no luck.
Anyways ever since then if he's out walking or in his yard and Im driving by  he will look down or away when I get close enough. He stops mowing his yard if I start to mow mine. The other day he just turned around and stared at the wall of his garage as I drove by real slow. MY goal is to make him as uncomfortable as possible going forward. I've of course got a few cameras now and im in the process of getting even more...

Holy s**t that's an awful story.

I'm glad you got your dog back.

4 minutes ago, vortmax said:

I'm pretty sure the vaxxes are working to keep severe symptoms down. If anything, that's a good thing for people with comorbidities (which happens to be like half of the country). 

I got Pfizer, no comorbidities, tested positive on Sat., been really mild for me so far. Wife tested + as well with Moderna, but very mild for her as well - no comorbidities. I'm happy we are vaxxed as I really don't want to know what it would be like without them.

Regarding Omicron, all indications are that it's quite contagious, but significantly more mild that Delta/Beta/Alpha symptoms which is a really good thing as it will burn through quickly with minimal damage.

This would be the best news in quite some time. This would mean the end of the pandemic to me. A typical cold/flu is nothing to get worried about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 4:55 PM, Polarbear said:

Wow. Sounds like you live in a similar area to mine in terms of "sort of" rural / country setting with limited neighbors, and i have a Husky on an invisible fence that covers 4 acres roughly.  Good thing you got cameras now. I've thought about doing same as  I have one neighbor that seems odd, which is fine... but sometimes i wonder how many people he has locked in his basement. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

First the Bills lost last night and now this. I need a break from Buffalo sports for awhile

I don't care who did it or against what team, that is just plain awesome.  I know those guys mess around like that in practice but to see it executed perfectly in a real game is fantastic.  

• Like 3

clients mom just called and her daughter just died at 32 yrs old from covid, she has 3 kids. 

Jessica (Jess) Grassmick, beloved daughter of Carolyn and Jim Grassmick, cherished sister of Jacob Grassmick, loving partner and soulmate of Jacob Reid, mother to Cole, Lita, Le’o, and stepmother to Aylah, died of Covid December 2, 2021. She was 32 years old.

https://addisonfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/1618/Jessica-Grassmick/obituary.html

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This sums up the Bills game

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/uploads/monthly_2021_12/73DC15DF-2A0D-4F9B-8CE5-C37BD555CFD6.jpeg.c47d0d120255ac8a0dc69e4ce5fd5573.jpeg

Army loses yesterday in bullshit fashion.  So mad I left the tailgate right away and went home.  No words were spoken in the car.

then today:

bills rip my heart out in the first half.

then they shove  it back  in the second.

then they rip it out again in OT.  

Rough weekend.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, matt8204 said:

Covid really seems to be spiking in the sports world.  Fortunately, I haven't heard of any serious cases.  Just a shame that it's hitting the NFL so hard right now.  Kind of takes away from the end of what has been a pretty fun season if some of the big names can't play.

Fantasy playoffs start this week, going to be a crazy 3 weeks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Fantasy playoffs start this week, going to be a crazy 3 weeks

It's funny; the league I was in disbanded last year and didn't resume this season either.  Guys lost interest, no one wanted to be commish, didn't have time anymore with wives, kids, jobs etc.  I'm sure it's been crazy navigating this as a fantasy owner.  Have to be watching the waiver wire constantly in case you need someone to plug in.

10 hours ago, matt8204 said:

It's funny; the league I was in disbanded last year and didn't resume this season either.  Guys lost interest, no one wanted to be commish, didn't have time anymore with wives, kids, jobs etc.  I'm sure it's been crazy navigating this as a fantasy owner.  Have to be watching the waiver wire constantly in case you need someone to plug in.

Yeah its been a rough year for fantasy with all the injuries and covid.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic