• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

13 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Thank you for pointing out that post.  It wasn't reported.  He will be receiving a warning.   

Thanks for taking care of that. Which mods do you suggest we report things to in the future?

12 minutes ago, Rjay said:

We are.

You can't handle a female mod and let her get under your skin.  Learn some self control. 

This is an odd assumption based on preconceived notions. This is the point some are trying to make. You stated earlier "I notice male posters have trouble with female moderators" so you seem to be projecting this here. Focus on what he's trying to communicate to you as the moderator, rather than what you think he is saying.

As I said earlier, thanks so much for putting yourself out there on here to try and process what is going on and clarify things.

Just now, Buckeyes_Suck said:

I’m sorry. you’re right You gave me

two extra days for changing my UN. 
I assume you can add. 

You were punished for your bigoted behavior. You changed your sn because you are butthurt. You were wrong and are blaming others for your behavior. You lied. Full stop.  

• Weenie 2

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

You were punished for your bigoted behavior. You changed your sn because you are butthurt. You were wrong and are blaming others for your behavior. You lied. Full stop.  

What bigoted behavior? 
seriously? That’s f’d

So mods are free to just accuse people of being bigots with no proof. 
The additional days you added were while i was already suspended, the only thing I was able to do was change my UN. 

Just my two cents not that anyone gives a hoot.  I really don't understand the issue with us having our own dedicated OT thread in our separate regional section.  This thread has been running for 20 months now and the only time things ever seem to get heated is when posters who aren't Upstate NY Weather posters to begin with come in and stir things up.  Always enjoy the discussion weather wise and OT wise our local group has, been a shame to see all this non sense starting and making everyone act like fools behind the keyboards.  I could understand if we were going off the deep end or posting disturbing material but I have yet to really see any of that?  I get its a weather site and there are mods to control content but it feels like were just downright censoring harmless banter discussion for what reason?  Is what it is, just seems silly seeing all you guys arguing like this.    

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

What bigoted behavior? 
seriously? That’s f’d

So mods are free to just accuse people of being bigots with no proof. 
The additional days you added were while i was already suspended, the only thing I was able to do was change my UN. 

Bless your heart. Always someone else's fault other than your own. You might want to review your posting habits and change them accordingly. It's your choice. Choose wisely 

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Just my two cents not that anyone gives a hoot.  I really don't understand the issue with us having our own dedicated OT thread in our separate regional section.  This thread has been running for 20 months now and the only time things ever seem to get heated is when posters who aren't Upstate NY Weather posters to begin with come in and stir things up.  Always enjoy the discussion weather wise and OT wise our local group has, been a shame to see all this non sense starting and making everyone act like fools behind the keyboards.  I could understand if we were going off the deep end or posting disturbing material but I have yet to really see any of that?  I get its a weather site and there are mods to control content but it feels like were just downright censoring harmless banter discussion for what reason?  Is what it is, just seems silly seeing all you guys arguing like this.    

I give a hoot about your two cents. 

There's been some wild stuff posted in here specifically about covid.  Some might not think it's wild bc they agree with it but there's been blatant misinformation and conspiracy stuff that's been hidden.  The real issue is that every topic has become politcal in today's world.  A lot of it has no place on the weather side of this forum. 

But anyway, there's plenty of covid talk in the NE sub banter thread so I have nothing else to say on the topic and will stay out of it. *shrug*

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Get banned for asking a question?  Not going to happen.  

13 minutes ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Post the “bigoted” post you suspended me for. 
it doesn’t exist. 

9 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

This is your last chance. Please by all means continue. 

He is requesting information...and this is the response??? Threat to be banned...

• Thanks 1

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

He's requesting information that he already knows and was warned for and was removed from viewing because it was transphobic  :rolleyes:    But please....continue with your hyperbole 

I would respect you much more if you could respond in a diplomatic matter without the "eye rolls" and reference to hyperbole. Why is it so hard for you to just talk without name calling or attitude?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I would respect you much more if you could respond in a diplomatic matter without the "eye rolls" and reference to hyperbole. Why is it so hard for you to just talk without name calling or attitude?

Why did you have to go off saying asking questions will get you banned? Common sense would say that if it was bad enough to get a warning, and it was removed from viewing, that it wouldn't get posted again. I can't believe I have to break this down and repeat myself over and over and over again......but here we are  :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Why did you have to go off saying asking questions will get you banned? Common sense would say that if it was bad enough to get a warning, and it was removed from viewing, that it wouldn't get posted again. I can't believe I have to break this down and repeat myself over and over and over again......but here we are  :rolleyes: 

Once again, you didn't answer a question. This time, my question. If you saw my next response, I said type it in a personal message if it was worth a banning. I am sorry you have so much anger and bitterness. Truly. May you have peace in your heart.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

For the record a post arguing the impact of a transgender’s biological advantages in woman’s sports isn’t transphobic or bigoted. 

This is my last post here tn. 

Do you think this an appropriate topic for the weather side?  Do you think posts on this topic make more people want to post about weather in your subforum? 

Or at least try to imagine having a transgender lurker reading your subforum to read about weather and come across this topic.  

These are some of the reasons why we don't want this stuff on the weather side.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

This is my last post here tn. 

Do you think this an appropriate topic for the weather side?  Do you think posts on this topic make more people want to post about weather in your subforum? 

Or at least try to imagine having a transgender lurker reading your subforum to read about weather and come across this topic.  

These are some of the reasons why we don't want this stuff on the weather side.  

Thanks for asking these questions that encourage reflection about making sure nobody feels alienated in our weather-related community.

• Like 3

• Rjay locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic