• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Unfortunately, I don't think Blue Moon will be with us anymore. He messaged me last night after some of his interactions on the OT and doesn't trust or feel comfortable being here anymore. I told him not to let that affect his decision, as we have a great group here...but he said he is done. :( 

Maybe he'll change his tune once we get some good events off Ontario...but based on his dialogue, I am doubtful he will return.

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Blue Moon will be with us anymore. He messaged me last night after some of his interactions on the OT and doesn't trust or feel comfortable being here anymore. I told him not to let that affect his decision, as we have a great group here...but he said he is done. :( 

Maybe he'll change his tune once we get some good events off Ontario...but based on his dialogue, I am doubtful he will return.

He got involved in Off-Topic. Toxic place to be.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sabres game tonight canceled due to covid. I had tickets wondering when they reschedule. 

Sorry to hear.  Also heard that there are no games between US based teams and teams based in Canada until further notice.  The league is going to have its work cut out for it to rearrange the schedule...unless there comes a point where they can't play all 82 and have to settle for another shortened season.  If the league doesn't shut down for the Olympics, they might have an extra couple of weeks to play with where games can be made up.

51 minutes ago, matt8204 said:

Sorry to hear.  Also heard that there are no games between US based teams and teams based in Canada until further notice.  The league is going to have its work cut out for it to rearrange the schedule...unless there comes a point where they can't play all 82 and have to settle for another shortened season.  If the league doesn't shut down for the Olympics, they might have an extra couple of weeks to play with where games can be made up.

I can’t see the NHL players wanting to go to China.

Hopefully this new wave quiets down a little here and they can use that time to catch up on games.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The guy I directly work with has covid pretty bad. 2 shots of pfizer no booster. I am shocked I did not get it this time. We spend many hours within feet of each other all week. Maybe I have it now, didn't get tested because of no symptoms.

I legit know over 20 people with covid right now. It’s running rampant around here right now. 6 people at work are out with covid, half of my fiancé’s family is all positive, as well as a few friends. It’s just a matter of time before we get it as much as we are trying to keep it away. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I legit know over 20 people with covid right now. It’s running rampant around here right now. 6 people at work and half of my fiancé’s family is all positive as well as a few friends. It’s just a matter of time before we get it as much as we are trying to keep it away. 

How is your daughter doing, hopefully better!

I guess covid/political posts are only allowed at the bottom in the off-topic section with the rest of the forum. They are not allowed to be discussed in our forum. It makes little sense to me that you can talk about them in the OT section with a bunch of randoms but not in our separate "OT" thread. Its just semantics, but rules are rules.

This is the response I got from the guy who runs the forums, his name is Randy.

"You can have off topic threads within subforums, we just prefer that you not because well, that's what the OT section is for.  I think the issue is the TYPE of ot discussion within this subforum OT threads.   Those should be more light hearted (lawn care, holiday cooking, or things unique to your region, but not weather related.).  Once you get into politics, vax/COVID stuff or anything superheated, that's where we start moving or deleting posts."

I did not know these rules, so going forward we are allowed to discuss anything here besides covid/politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, vortmax said:

That was a fair response, and the nicest, by far, from any authority I've read on these forums.

Unfortunately, 'our' mod is only deleting the Covid posts they don't personally like which is biased and not consistent with what Randy said.

You can email him yourself if you see fit. @stormtracker

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You can email him yourself if you see fit. @stormtracker

I might because although our sub forum has had heated discussions on this OT thread, they were actual discussions, not blatant attacks or elementary insults that happen regularly in OT for the same subjects. There's a level of respect and friendship that we have as a foundation keeping a lid on the touchy subjects which fosters critical thinking and even changing of minds/perspectives. In the end, we all hug and make up and move on to our weather passion. 

That doesn't exist, at all, on OT so it's not even worth a try. Now we have an OT regular 'mod' with a personal vendetta against some of the peeps here, deleting posts they don't like.

• Like 6

DISCLAIMER… This is a Bills topic.  So we’re hearing John Feliciano (vax) has COVID and actually had to go to hospital.  Guess he got that fancy anti body treatment and was touting it on social media and the news picked up on his comments.  Meanwhile Cole Beasley (unvax) who was anti everything finally tested positive.  He posted a few blurbs on social media sites strongly supporting his stance.  Also appears a few hours after these posts both players have deleted or turned private their social media pages.  Add onto that this Spencer Brown clown. I get he wants to the wild man on the line but he ain’t that good but acting like he’s an all star.  He was chugging a beer on the field after the win Sunday.  Like wtf?  Now he’s doing a social media buz with Bud Light delivering that fan who gave him the beer a truck load of Bud Light.  These guys need to focus on the game.  Past few years when we were rolling we didn’t have this drama floating around the team. 

11 hours ago, vortmax said:

That was a fair response, and the nicest, by far, from any authority I've read on these forums.

Unfortunately, 'our' mod is only deleting the Covid posts they don't personally like which is biased and not consistent with what Randy said.

Agree. Fair response. I do get the intent given the vitriol that gets spewed by keyboard warriors.  Randy is a decent person from past exchanges w/ him over the years. May have met him once on a LES chase.  Though the point made by @vortmax is well taken regarding our subforum OT discussions, which have been in general civil, for the reasons mentioned. IMO.   The OT forum and particularly anything AMPOL are cesspools to be avoided by clear thinking people.

• Like 4

Lol^^^

Probably more cat breeds then people realize..

There are 71 cat breeds recognized by The International Cat Association (TICA). The organization also continually adds new breeds each year, such as the Aphrodite, Tennessee Rex, and Toybob. These 71 breeds do not include the average household cat, typically known as the domestic shorthair (DSH).

some can be very expensive lol

What is the most expensive cat breed in the world for 2021? The snow leopard-looking Ashera breed produces only five litter per year, so owning one is a true gem. That is, if you’re willing to shell out $125,000 apiece. Here’s our complete list of the most expensive cat breeds in the world in 2021:

1. The Ashera – Up to $125,000
  2. Savannah – $50,000
  3. Bengal – $25,000
  4. Persian – $5,500
  5. Peterbald – $5,000
  6. Sphynx – $3,000
  7. Scottish Fold – $3,000
  8. Russian Blue – $3,000
  9. American Curl – $1,200
  10. American Wirehair – $1,200
  11. British Shorthair – $800 to $1,000
  12. Maine Coon – $1,000
  • Like 1

So I just discovered the thread excerpts (bizarrely re-posted in OT) that caused at least one banning and presence of busybody Censorship to show up here.  As bad as the interwebs can be, not sure that I've ever seen a Moderator team so flagrantly and openly engage in personal insults and what could be reasonably described as hate speach, while censoring posts deemed against "the rules."  I do have to admire the flagrant hypocrisy on display.  *golf clap*

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

So I just discovered the thread excerpts (bizarrely re-posted in OT) that caused at least one banning and presence of busybody Censorship to show up here.  As bad as the interwebs can be, not sure that I've ever seen a Moderator team so flagrantly and openly engage in personal insults and what could be reasonably described as hate speach, while censoring posts deemed against "the rules."  I do have to admire the flagrant hypocrisy on display.  *golf clap*

These people have no self-awareness.  Engaging in the very behavior they claim to abhor so much.  It's truly a sight to behold.  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

They could just be trolling, but the posts advocating for communism crack me up nonetheless. People on that extreme of the political spectrum are always so damn miserable. It's about bringing everyone else down to their level. They resent other people being happier or better off than them.

I get the trolling angle as I can troll with the best of them. ;) Both extreme ends of the spectrum are impossible to reason with and generally have a low information intelligence about them...in that they actually believe the biased nonsense they are fed. (Examples: Stop the Steal, Russiagate, etc etc).

I have a Rumpist friend who constantly sends me (unwanted) Winger idiocy so I fire back the best I can find on Daily Kos or HuffPo.  Then I have a dear niece who is a woke AF lefty, tubed out of college, working 2 PT unskilled labor jobs for ~$15/hr, and rails about evil capitalism, the Keystone Pipeline, etc etc. I try to gently agree that yeah, it's far from perfect and we can all agree that CEO pay disparities are outrageous and outsourcing has supressed middle/lower class payscales (news to her) but...there's a reason unskilled labor isn't paid $100k/yr...anywhere. And maybe, just maybe, life decisions actually matter?  Sigh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Oh for sure. People like your friend you mentioned think Babylon Bee is clever and send you the latest Ben Garrison cartoon. Go to any political forum on a sports website and it's full of MAGA groupthink, and anyone who goes against it will be name called and possibly banned.

I subscribe to Matt Taibbi on Substack. I think he has some of the best insight on "things" in general and points out the fallacies of both sides.  He made his bones as far as I was concerned during the 08/09 financial crisis, which, unsurprisingly, both the L and R have managed to convince themselves of fictions that are at best very incomplete and more accurately described as stupid-person rubbish.  Was well worth ditching my NYT subscription for him.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic