• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

13 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

There were protesters there with guns too, so I don’t know that works. The guy who lost his bicep pulled a gun on Rittenhouse. And he had just as much right to protect property as they had to destroy it. The icing on the cake is they were rioting because a police shooting that was ruled justified. If Rosenbaum doesn’t chase Rittenhouse threading to kill him none of this happens. If Rittenhouse didn’t have a gun he just is another forgotten victim of “revolution”, like the old lady that was beat down in Rochester by like 4 protesters trying to protect her shop. 

Yeah it goes both ways. I don't think guns in general should be at any protests. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

I hope you discovered all the tunnels that go from building to building on campus, took me two semesters to realize why I was the only one outside in the middle of winter.

Lol.  Our tour guide brought them up several times.  Walked through one of the overhead ones but didn't see any of the underground ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Anyone have any good recommendations of good outdoor cameras with great quality in night as well? Looking to have one for house in lowville so when I'm away I can see how much snow has fallen. I've been looking at nest cam cameras, anyone have?

I have google nest cams and they're fantastic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

Easy to hook up? wireless or cable?

Very easy. I use cable, but they have wireless. I don't want to replace batteries every few months. I run it through my window and its amazing. I have a backyard and frontyard cam. It also tells the temp. 34 degrees right now. You can talk to it through the speaker from anywhere in the world, pretty crazy. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Very easy. I use cable, but they have wireless. I don't want to replace batteries every few months. I run it through my window and its amazing. I have a backyard and frontyard cam. It also tells the temp. 34 degrees right now. You can talk to it through the speaker from anywhere in the world, pretty crazy. 

Wow, def getting that then. Are they pretty hard with weather conditions?

On 11/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, tombo82685 said:

Anyone have any good recommendations of good outdoor cameras with great quality in night as well? Looking to have one for house in lowville so when I'm away I can see how much snow has fallen. I've been looking at nest cam cameras, anyone have?

I've been very happy with Wyze, only$25 each. Theyre weatherproof and color night vision. Cloud based recording is only $2/month per cam. Downside is that you have to run a micro usb power cable.

jeep.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Id be curious to see this overlaid with variant type. If those lines follow then this could be eternally cyclical.

It's just because of the colder weather (indoors more) and schools. It's still likely Delta as no other variant is as contagious. IMO, unless we get a new variant (which will need a huge India-level event, Delta will die out).

6 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Id be curious to see this overlaid with variant type. If those lines follow then this could be eternally cyclical.

If so, it's absolutely ridiculous and absurd to expect us to mask and quarantine and vaccinate, etc. over and over and over again. Americans are fed up...especially after being fed a whole bunch of lies about "not having to do any of these things if you're vaccinated..."

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Here comes wave 3/4/5? I forget what wave we're on. 

upload_2021-11-16_8-20-13-png.480642

Had a rather scary experience at work yesterday.  One of the employees passed out cold while working. Went fully unresponsive, got rushed to the hospital.  She came to at the hospital but the doctors couldn't find anything medically wrong except a positive covid test.  Mid 50s rather healthy and fit individual said they felt a little tired that morning then everything just suddenly went fuzzy and next thing they knew they were laying in a hospital bed.  They woke up with severe symptoms fever, coughing, no taste or smell, extreme body pains and aches said it came on in what seemed like the blink of an eye.  They were not vaccinated...     

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Had a rather scary experience at work yesterday.  One of the employees passed out cold while working. Went fully unresponsive, got rushed to the hospital.  She came to at the hospital but the doctors couldn't find anything medically wrong except a positive covid test.  Mid 50s rather healthy and fit individual said they felt a little tired that morning then everything just suddenly went fuzzy and next thing they knew they were laying in a hospital bed.  They woke up with severe symptoms fever, coughing, no taste or smell, extreme body pains and aches said it came on in what seemed like the blink of an eye.  They were not vaccinated...     

Sounds like what happened to me in January but I didn't have any of the fever, coughing, etc...

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sounds like what happened to me in January but I didn't have any of the fever, coughing, etc...

I think you need to hide in your house until 2021 is over. You've had way too much crap happen to you this year. Shut 'er down! Time to hide in the man cave and turn your heat up to 95 degrees...

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:37 AM, Flying MXZ said:

Agreed.  The prosecution either did a terrible job here, or he shouldn't have been brought up on murder charges.  From what I've seen, every time he fired was in self defense.  But he had no business being there in the first place.

Duff's wings were excellent!  Crispy, which is the way to make them.

Not guilty. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah it goes both ways. I don't think guns in general should be at any protests. 

Agreed.  Emotions are highly charged to begin with, especially if there is a group of counter-protestors.  All it takes is one shot and you have mass panic and possibly a shootout on your hands.  

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic