• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

32 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

They also don't want their citizens to take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.  My own doctor suggested that the vaccines could be pathway for another engineered virus:  I.E. vaccination would now be a 'marker' for a second engineered virus.  He took the vaccine and so did I but he scared the bejesus out of me.  So narrative goes like this:  they 'immunize' their own population against a second virus since it only attacks those with the pfizer or moderna.  Then they let the new virus rip the same way as before only now the only ones infected are people who got vaxed.  Then they invade Taiwan while the west goes on lockdown.  

I think they made the virus in the lab and the fact that it got released while they were clamping down on HK is too coincidental.  The HK story disappeared from the news instantly and is still gone.  They know this works!  Even if it was an accidental release, they took notes.  They will kill millions of their own if they have to.  They have done it before.  

Ji Jinping is an old school expansionist head of state and very dangerous. He wants to finish what Mao started and Mao killed a LOT of people.   The world is waking up to this but possibly too late.  

Go Bills.

The "Go Bills" is what brought this theory together. lol

My theory is simply this: China's leadership is ultra-insecure which breeds an environment of ultra-competitiveness, ultra-pride, and ultra-fearing and manipulation, and will not allow the virus to impact their image any more than it has. Hence the zero-tolerance policies.

• Like 3

I got my fence installed in Aug of 2019. I won my lawsuit a few months ago and subpoena 5 banks to no avail. I'm finally getting it reinstalled next week due to supply shortages. My new fence guy ordered the supplies in early April and just got them in this week. Over $5k to get it fixed after paying 8k for the install. :(

19 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Neutral fans could not have asked for a better MNF game to watch. That was something like 6 or 7 lead changes.

7 , tied a MNF record. Was one of my favorite loses we ever had. Was a heartbreaker but a McDermott showed he has guts and faith in his quarterback and I respect the hell out of it even though we ended up on the wrong side. 

4 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

7 , tied a MNF record. Was one of my favorite loses we ever had. Was a heartbreaker but a McDermott showed he has guts and faith in his quarterback and I respect the hell out of it even though we ended up on the wrong side. 

I loved that McDermott trusted Allen. 9/10 we make that conversion. I do notice he always runs to the left. I feel like if went behind spencer brown we get that in. Dawkins has been terrible this year.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 7:48 PM, wolfie09 said:

First"legal" recreational dispensary opened up in northern NY (massina area) on an Indian reservation.. Buddy of mine went the other day so I Know it's legit although some say they are doing it illegally, especially considering no regulations set forth..(or sales tax lol)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorkupstate.com/marijuana/2021/07/northern-ny-indian-tribe-on-track-to-open-states-first-legal-marijuana-shops.html%3foutputType=amp

Has anyone visited any of these NY shops yet?  Just saw the little sheds that popped up on the Seneca Reservation featured on the news couple weeks ago.  Places seemed a bit sketchy but still wanted to check it out.  But then I heard that these two CBD shops in SB and Depew just said F it started dispensing 2-3 weeks ago.  Stopped in today to check it out.  Won’t lie I felt nervous and it was very awkward with the whole “stickers” act.  I bought two $25 “stickers” and got a free goodie bag that will keep me busy for at least a month.

Just goes to show how much NY government drags it feet to get anything done.  They could have realistically set a board with rules and regulations within 6 months (about now) and then have a 60 day roll out period before going live Jan 1.  It could be mid next year or longer before anything is moving.  A billion dollar industry with a huge windfall for the state and local governments and Albany is sitting on their hands doing nothing!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying MXZ said:

Taking the daughter to UB next weekend to check it out.  Any recommendations for hotels, dinner (bar and grill type place)?  Any other need to see things nearby?  Quick visit as we're checking out Ithaca on the way back Sunday.

You have to have wings at Duffs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flying MXZ said:

Taking the daughter to UB next weekend to check it out.  Any recommendations for hotels, dinner (bar and grill type place)?  Any other need to see things nearby?  Quick visit as we're checking out Ithaca on the way back Sunday.

You going to tour both campuses?

Duffs is a great bet for wings out near the campus.

If you're going to make your way downtown my favorite place is Pearl Street.

If you want a local hangout for students to checkout hit up Tea Leaf Cafe for bubble tea.

Has anyone ever passed any kidney stones? I was going to the bathroom this morning and had intense pain. I passed out and was unconscious for over a minute on the ground and then my wife said I had convulsions for 1-2 minutes after. I slowly came back to consciousness. It felt like I died and came back to life lol. Almost fell down the staircase. Was in urgent care most of the day running tests.

They think it was kidney stones. The pain was so severe it caused me to pass out. The first things that came to my mind was kidney stone, UTI, or Kidney infection. They wanted me to go to ER but didn't go as they are so understaffed everywhere and with the strikes. Also, felt better after this morning. Been drinking cranberry juice all day, man that sucked. It still hurts to go to the bathroom. No pains in my abdomen at all. Anyone ever experience this?

Either way I'm so done with 2021, by far the worst health year of my life. I go to the gym 3 days a week and play volleyball/hockey 2 other days and eat relatively healthy. I also hike/walk all the time. Getting old sucks.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

If you want a local hangout for students to checkout hit up Tea Leaf Cafe for bubble tea.

Another good spot right near UB north campus for some wings is Elmos. Very underrated place that doesn’t get the praise Duffs is going to get but an excellent place for any food really. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cny rider said:

1. Are you peeing blood?

2.  If you can, filter your urine for the next couple of days and see if you catch little stones.

No blood, the urine was very dark yesterday morning. I’ll see if I can do that. Still somewhat difficult to go. Takes a few seconds to get it going. 

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

No blood, the urine was very dark yesterday morning. I’ll see if I can do that. Still somewhat difficult to go. Takes a few seconds to get it going. 

Man you have some crap luck, maybe you’re the source of our subpar winters.
There’s a lot of new info out there on foods that they’ve found to cause kidney stones. It used to be common belief that it was calcium and that may not be the case. I still drink a gallon of milk a week and haven’t had them yet at 38. Hope you’re feeling better soon. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Has anyone ever passed any kidney stones? I was going to the bathroom this morning and had intense pain. I passed out and was unconscious for over a minute on the ground and then my wife said I had convulsions for 1-2 minutes after. I slowly came back to consciousness. It felt like I died and came back to life lol. Almost fell down the staircase. Was in urgent care most of the day running tests.

They think it was kidney stones. The pain was so severe it caused me to pass out. The first things that came to my mind was kidney stone, UTI, or Kidney infection. They wanted me to go to ER but didn't go as they are so understaffed everywhere and with the strikes. Also, felt better after this morning. Been drinking cranberry juice all day, man that sucked. It still hurts to go to the bathroom. No pains in my abdomen at all. Anyone ever experience this?

Either way I'm so done with 2021, by far the worst health year of my life. I go to the gym 3 days a week and play volleyball/hockey 2 other days and eat relatively healthy. I also hike/walk all the time. Getting old sucks.

I’ve had stones 4 times and I’m 37. 02,12,Easter 2020 and July 21. 
Having sharp pain while urinating is a good symptom but I can’t believe you didn’t have something more leading up to it. That’s where honestly  the ridiculous pain comes from when the stone is trying to get from the kidney to the bladder. At least for me, this typically lasts for a couple hrs to a day, again for me.

This is what they compare to child birth because the urinary tract or kidney itself ( can’t remember) is expanding and contracting trying to push the stone out. So you get 10-15 minutes of just pure debilitating pain then a 5-10 minute reprieve. 
Once it drops into your bladder the pain is dramatically reduced til it actually passes.

ive never had pain intense enough when actually passing it to pass out, that part is usually just a quick sharp sting.

Ibe drank cranberry juice like crazy since I was young to. The last one I passed I caught and sent it in to be tested and see if I can narrow down the issue.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 4:06 PM, Polarbear said:

I’ve had stones 4 times and I’m 37. 02,12,Easter 2020 and July 21. 
Having sharp pain while urinating is a good symptom but I can’t believe you didn’t have something more leading up to it. That’s where honestly  the ridiculous pain comes from when the stone is trying to get from the kidney to the bladder. At least for me, this typically lasts for a couple hrs to a day, again for me.

This is what they compare to child birth because the urinary tract or kidney itself ( can’t remember) is expanding and contracting trying to push the stone out. So you get 10-15 minutes of just pure debilitating pain then a 5-10 minute reprieve. 
Once it drops into your bladder the pain is dramatically reduced til it actually passes.

ive never had pain intense enough when actually passing it to pass out, that part is usually just a quick sharp sting.

Ibe drank cranberry juice like crazy since I was young to. The last one I passed I caught and sent it in to be tested and see if I can narrow down the issue.

I went to the emergency room Saturday and had loads of test done to find out what happened. They do think it was a stone but not entirely conclusive. They referred me to a neurologist to have an MRI of my brain. They want to see what caused me to blackout like that and lose consciousness for a full minute.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:59 AM, Luke_Mages said:

Thanks for the advice everyone.  Plans changed due to the daughters boyfriends soccer team winning sectionals and therefore having a game Saturday.  So as of now we'll be headed west on Veterans Day.  Nice day trip, only 4.5 hours each way!  Going to still try to get to Duff's for wings as that is one of my daughters favorite foods.  If it goes well, we'll go again with more time and check out the area better.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic