• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Get banned for asking a question?  Not going to happen.  

Phin got banned from New England for telling forky to go back to his sub forum and stop trolling so yeah….my mom had difficulty getting pregnant and had a few miscarriages me being a lucky one. That saying should be banned sorry. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

And get banned? I’ll pass. Proves my point thank you.  

If we're going the 100% honest route here then let me add this in.   In my years of posting on multiple forums, I've noticed female posters trigger people more than the male posters.  

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Phin got banned from New England for telling forky to go back to his sub forum and stop trolling so yeah….my mom had difficulty getting pregnant and had a few miscarries me being a lucky one. That saying should be banned sorry. 

No he didn't.  Phin got suspended for telling a met (Forky) to f off as a response to a totally normal post.

10 minutes ago, Rjay said:

To the first bolded: Come on  He's joking though!

To the second bolded:  They aren't breaking any rules.  They would get suspended if they were.  These are political disagrees for the most part and mud gets flung from both sides.

Lastly, I agree with you about online bullying.  We'll leave that for a future discussion.

Really? Ok, if you say so. I doubt the majority of people think it's "funny" and many of us do indeed have a sense of humor.

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The integrity has already been ruined in that we can't trust that won't happen. In fact, when I was posting the short bit that I did on OT weeks ago, I had somebody send me a private message with a suggestion to "be careful" because "they ban easily" on OT.

Anyways, thanks for your responses and consideration in an adult manner. I really do appreciate it.

Just now, Buckeyes_Suck said:

I got banned for saying that it was stupid that buckeye was deleting posts in this thread about Covid. Should that have happened?

Whatever happened with you two, you deserved it.  You wouldn't stop when asked to stop.  I don't remember the details.  I'm trying my best to answer all the questions in here tn.  The answers clearly aren't going to be good enough which is fine.  

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Whatever happened with you two, you deserved it.  You wouldn't stop when asked to stop.  I don't remember the details.  I'm trying my best to answer all the questions in here tn.  The answers clearly aren't going to be good enough which is fine.  

Nothing happened, I literally said it was stupid, got warned. Then made another post about it being stupid and got banned. Then got banned for longer for changing my UN. 

Why would telling anyone to f off on the wx side be allowed?

Why does him being a met mean anything? You say everyone is equal? Where in the rules does it state fukk is allowed in ot and now on ot on weather side?

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I said in OT it's allowed.  Why would telling a met to f off on the wx side be allowed??

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Why would telling anyone to f off on the wx side be allowed?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Why does him being a met mean anything? You say everyone is equal? Where in the rules does it state fukk is allowed in ot and now on ot on weather side?

You said met you edited your post… catching you in a lot of lies my friend 

And now I give up.  Have a nice night. 

Just now, Rjay said:

The weather side is a place for people to talk about weather.  Initially OT was for shooting the sh**.  Now it seems to be a mixture of that and politics.  It has always been loosely moderated.  

I’ve always seen you as a good mod throughout the years apologize it’s come to this but there are definitely favorites here. 

1 minute ago, Buckeyes_Suck said:

So can’t have an opinion. Right. So what is it, don’t tell a mod to fukk off or don’t question anything they do???

You deserved it.  Get over it please.  You've become unhinged about it.   Take some personal responsibility and move on.  I mean you even changed your name.  It's over with. You're free to post.  

What I learned today. Fukk off is allowed in ot but not on weather side. Mind you it’s not written anywhere in the amx rule book. 

And you’re allowed to use it to some people (lowly members) but not (mods,Mets) and that you shouldn’t breed is allowed. 

Makes perfect sense, and I’m probably the farthest left leaning person on upstate…

• Like 2

You non mod's are making some good points here.  Saw the topic was hot so stopped in to check why.  It is good of rjay to try and explain but one of the larger issues, at least in my opinion, is the general posting demeanor of Mod's.  It's my opinion that mod's should not troll, post insulting emoji's or really say much of anything in a negative manner...sort of in the vein of how a policeman is supposed to be an upstanding citizen.  Obviously reality is not like that but some mod's are outright unhinged in OT and it's a bad look.   With saying that,  I think that if most/all mod's posting habits were a little more moderate and less conducive to being a part of the problem, the general public would have a lot less issue with all things moderation in general.

• Like 6

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic