Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Ok "investigate" but, heroes?  Man come on.  I really hope you're just trying too hard here.  This isn't "everyone gets a participation trophy.". There are actual ones who put their lives on the line who are "heroes." 

Do they save lives? Yep. Then they’re heroes. Also, I don’t know why this suddenly morphed into participation trophies in your mind. You’re all too quick to use buzz words that you think will “trigger” people with opposing viewpoints, even when it has nothing to do with what is being discussed. That’s what trolls do.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I really don't get the chip thing. I mean you're a police officer. Your car is tracked everywhere you go, also your cell phone is tracked everywhere you go. You're being constantly tracked either way. The chip thing literally makes zero sense. 

I agree

These theories  are idiotic 

31 minutes ago, yoda said:

Uh no, you made the stupid remark.  You are a sworn officer of the law and are supposed to uphold it.  Your statement in the post I bolded goes against that

What does my job have to do with the population getting a vaccine ? I have a bridge to sell you if you think everyone in this country  is going to get a shot.

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I agree

These theories  are idiotic 

What does my job have to do with the population getting a vaccine ? I have a bridge to sell you if you think everyone in this country  is going to get a shot.

Nothing,  You stated "No one should force you to do anything you don't want to do."  So if you pull over a motorist and he tells you that, are you just going to agree and let him go on his way?

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Nothing,  You stated "No one should force you to do anything you don't want to do."  So if you pull over a motorist and he tells you that, are you just going to agree and let him go on his way?

Lol a bit of a stretch.  One thing is a law, the other is something that is voluntary. 

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Do they save lives? Yep. Then they’re heroes. Also, I don’t know why this suddenly morphed into participation trophies in your mind. You’re all too quick to use buzz words that you think will “trigger” people with opposing viewpoints, even when it has nothing to do with what is being discussed. That’s what trolls do.

Seems like you're triggered.  A covid taskforce saves lives?  I mean, maybe, but that's stretching it.  The other examples of heroes are not stretching it and are factual.  

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Seems like you're triggered.  A covid taskforce saves lives?  I mean, maybe, but that's stretching it.  The other examples of heroes are not stretching it and are factual.  

Factual? No matter who you’re calling a hero, it’s an opinion. Whether it’s a soldier, a paramedic, a firefighter, a policeman, Sully Sullenberger, the passengers of Flight 93, the guys who got Bin Laden, your grandfather, a teacher, Obama, Trump, a covid task force, whoever, it’s nothing more than an opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

Are you really comparing the two ?

7 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Lol a bit of a stretch.  One thing is a law, the other is something that is voluntary. 

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Its up to the individual if they want to listen to the task force and many people didn't and died.

18 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Nope... that's what many people think and claim... look up sovereign citizens.  And look up all the posts/tweets/opinions of the people who don't want vaccine cards and the such.  They claim "government overreach" in regards to that.

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Are you really comparing the two ?

Exactly 

Yes I am

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Factual? No matter who you’re calling a hero, it’s an opinion. Whether it’s a soldier, a paramedic, a firefighter, a policeman, Sully Sullenberger, the passengers of Flight 93, the guys who got Bin Laden, your grandfather, a teacher, Obama, Trump, a covid task force, whoever, it’s nothing more than an opinion.

Ok, yes, it's your opinion.  I am not denying the task force saves lives, I did say maybe.   It's just not the same as some of your other examples who do in fact save lives.

29 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Ok, yes, it's your opinion.  I am not denying the task force saves lives, I did say maybe.   It's just not the same as some of your other examples who do in fact save lives.

Again, that’s your opinion that any of those examples are more heroic than any other. It’s subjective, not objective.

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

There's reason to be skeptical on that vaccine, specifically for younger women. There's enough evidence that Canada pulled approval for those under 55. There's some reports that the incidence of the SVTs be as high as 1 in 100000. I hope they figure it out because it's a hugely important vaccine for europe and the world in general. It's a cheap vaccine sold at cost and can be stored at fridge temps. Thats the vaccine that was likely going to be used in Africa and the Middle East and the poorer areas in the world. 

Given the increasing supply of other vaccines, we may not even need the AstraZeneca vaccine in the US.  Going from 30% to 50% of the US vaccinated is going to be a lot easier than going from 50% to 70%.  Adding that one into the mix would not help the vaccine hesitancy in the US.  It's definitely a problem for the world though.  If it does not get approval for use in the US, it would send a message to the rest of the world.

I appreciate the diversity of opinion and background in the vaccine discussion and my opinion is that no one is expressing their views entirely in bad faith as a full blown troll trying to get a rise out of someone.  There are some that most certainly do this sometimes. 

I wanted to share a really thorough Twitter thread from a reputable source that discusses a lot of what is at stake for people choosing to get vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Some of it is a review on herd immunity thresholds. 

In particular,  I think this part of the thread is applicable to assume if the discussion about whether a low risk individual choosing not to get vaccinated will have a larger impact. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

I appreciate the diversity of opinion and background in the vaccine discussion and my opinion is that no one is expressing their views entirely in bad faith as a full blown troll trying to get a rise out of someone.  There are some that most certainly do this sometimes. 

I wanted to share a really thorough Twitter thread from a reputable source that discusses a lot of what is at stake for people choosing to get vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Some of it is a review on herd immunity thresholds. 

In particular,  I think this part of the thread is applicable to assume if the discussion about whether a low risk individual choosing not to get vaccinated will have a larger impact. 

Thank you for providing this-I've asked question 29 about ten times without a response. I don't want to go down the "herd immunity" rabbit hole but I have seen estimates anywhere from 70-90% for Covid. I think we will get there between vaccines and antibodies. 

11 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

It is well known that Florida is hiding the real numbers and texas may be as well

Prove it.

Just because it doesn’t fit the doomsday narratives that you seem to get off on doesn’t make it true.

Again - it’s hard believing that some of you ACTUALLY want life to return to normal with posts like these. Seems that some go out looking for the worst news possible to justify their “new normal” anti-social lifestyle. Scary almost.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1