• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Yeah man South Carolina is paradise according to one person.

It actually is a neat place, alot of history.  

9 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

With Halloween this weekend half to wonder if this will cause more community spread 

I don't see how it won't (especially for people hanging out indoors) but we are on the upswing anyway so it may just blend in to the overall trends.

If South Carolina is so great, then why the hell are you in the Great Lakes forum? Doesn't the Southeastern forum have a COVID thread?

No it does not. Also I recently moved here from Ohio so i keep up with the weather in the Midwest. I hope this is okay with you
  • Weenie 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Almost 45,000 hospitalizations now nationally.

Was looking at some state metrics and California is one of very few states still seeing a decline in hospitalizations. Most of the other states heavily impacted in summer,, i.e. Arizona, Georgia & Florida, have begun to see some upward movement on their numbers again in the past week. Now only 1-2 states seeing declines in cases/hospital numbers.

This makes the current surge very different from the Spring (uncontrolled spread in the northeast and a few other cities primarily) or Summer (Sun Belt states). Very similar to what happened in Europe where basically every country started to spike at the same time.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Over 1k deaths today. 

Just for comparison, how many births today?

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, dan11295 said:

Was looking at some state metrics and California is one of very few states still seeing a decline in hospitalizations. Most of the other states heavily impacted in summer,, i.e. Arizona, Georgia & Florida, have begun to see some upward movement on their numbers again in the past week. Now only 1-2 states seeing declines in cases/hospital numbers.

This makes the current surge very different from the Spring (uncontrolled spread in the northeast and a few other cities primarily) or Summer (Sun Belt states). Very similar to what happened in Europe where basically every country started to spike at the same time.

Indeed

Hospitalizations peaked around 60,000 each time in the spring and summer waves.  Pretty clear we are going to fly by that mark, it's just a question of how much.  You would hope that people adjust their behavior more as things get more and more serious, but who knows.  It is especially tough to give up the holidays.

32 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

Just for comparison, how many births today?

8,000 Americans die everyday with or without COVID.

• Weenie 5

Guest ovweather
10 minutes ago, Jonger said:

So today over 9000 died. Without Covid only 8000 would of died. Does that make you feel better?

16 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Oh! Cool then! Never mind, crisis solved. The extra 1k from Covid can go fuck themselves I guess! That's totally awesome that we can just stop caring about Covid now. Really appreciate it, Jonger! 

Hey, while we're at it, how about we do away with those pesky speed limits? You could probably get up an extra five minutes later before work if you could only drive there faster, right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Oh! Cool then! Never mind, crisis solved. The extra 1k from Covid can go **** themselves I guess! That's totally awesome that we can just stop caring about Covid now. Really appreciate it, Jonger! 
Hey, while we're at it, how about we do away with those pesky speed limits? You could probably get up an extra five minutes later before work if you could only drive there faster, right? 

That reminds me, someone in town the other day was doing 75 in a 40 and killed four people with their Wrangler in a t-bone accident

6 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

That reminds me, someone in town the other day was doing 75 in a 40 and killed four people with their Wrangler in a t-bone accident

That's actually really sad. RIP

• Like 2

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We are only 4% of the world's population yet here we are at the top. America should be ashamed 

20201027_224628.jpg

How can China not be in the top-25? After all, it is THEIR virus.

India being second makes sense, but then again they do have a billion more people than the US so they’re obviously doing some better than here.

Just today I found out about 3 more people who have it.  One has actually been in the hospital for a while.  Don't know any of them particularly well but it is sort of a microcosm of what is happening in the country with cases on the rise.

8 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Just noticed our positivity rate was 10.1 percent in Indiana today.

I think that is actually the cumulative rate.  The weekly average has been higher (like 13 or 14 percent) and on the rise.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I think that is actually the cumulative rate.  The weekly average has been higher (like 13 or 14 percent) and on the rise.  

WOW!!! We only test 19,583 today and still had over 2000. 

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

WOW!!! We only test 19,583 today and still had over 2000. 

I should mention that the 13 or 14 percent was on individuals tested.  As you know they break it down into 2 categories on the dashboard... individuals tested and total tests performed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonger said:

Here are the excess mortality numbers.The numbers only to go to early September due to incomplete reporting. I look for that curve to increase soon based on the sharp increase in cases. This gives a new view to those here that are still downplaying the seriousness of this virus.

Screenshot_2020-10-28 Excess mortality during the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ovweather said:

How can China not be in the top-25? After all, it is THEIR virus.

India being second makes sense, but then again they do have a billion more people than the US so they’re obviously doing some better than here.

Do you think that China is being honest with their numbers :o?  Just speculation on my part... but the American population as a whole is very unhealthy, and considering chronic conditions play a significant role in deaths I'm guessing that's why the USA is at the top the list. 

• Thanks 1