George BM

March Banter 2020

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

Actually, I was mostly concerned he might be in need of a bra!! LOL!!!

I’ve have a few collecting dust he can borrow 

• Haha 1

(ETA:  Or, from another Seinfeld episode...a Manzier!!)

lol I remember that episode 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m not gonna lie, I have pretty much let all upkeep go to waste the last two weeks

havent worn makeup since my last day at work. Haven’t done my hair more than shower and a pony tail, no bra, haven’t even put on clothes with buttons in two weeks. I’m loving that part of stay at home life 

I've settled into the whole telework thing over the past couple of weeks.  By now, it's all I can do to NOT crack open a beer or grab a glass of wine while supposedly working!  But I do have a Keurig to keep me going in the morning, hahaha!

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

Good to know! AZ thought you were hitting on me lol

Just now, mappy said:

Good thing you weren’t ;) 

Ha! Nah. You know I’m having fun. You, your hubby, little Mappy, my gf, and I need to meet at Falling Branch or something else when this is all over. Anyone else too!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I’ll trade raincoats for Manziers.

• Haha 1

I've settled into the whole telework thing over the past couple of weeks.  By now, it's all I can do to NOT crack open a beer or grab a glass of wine while supposedly working!  But I do have a Keurig to keep me going in the morning, hahaha!

Yeah we’ve managed as well. Hard to believe it’s another month of this though 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Ha! Nah. You know I’m having fun. You, your hubby, little Mappy, my gf, and I need to meet at Falling Branch or something else when this is all over. Anyone else too!

I know man, all good fun! Agreed!

• Like 1

I would gladly partake of one of those Stouts!!

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Trying to debate if I wanna crack open a key barrel aged rye porter or a Tall Tales Raspberry lemon cream cheesecake sour beer. I know the answer is both but I’m trying to cut back :lol:

This forum has been quite the lager education for me. Makes me think back to my younger days in the fifties and wonder what Bert and Harry would have thought about all of this. As always ....

I had my first virtual meeting today and it’s going to be a mess getting older teachers to do “distance learning.” I think I’ll be ok, but I may naive.

Just now, mappy said:

Yeah we’ve managed as well. Hard to believe it’s another month of this though 

I know man, all good fun! Agreed!

Same here...I fully expect at least a month if not more.  You do what you can...it's working out OK, I've got my work laptop and access to whatever for the most part that I need.  But I won't lie that my attention and amount of stuff I get done isn't at the same level.  Mostly just from being concerned and all that of course, plus just being at home.

And yeah, everything is all in good fun!  Right now, humor and my photography keep me going for the most part.  Though at least now it's getting warmer so I can get back to riding my bike too to get out.  We can all use some good laughter through all this, at least!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Same here...I fully expect at least a month if not more.  You do what you can...it's working out OK, I've got my work laptop and access to whatever for the most part that I need.  But I won't lie that my attention and amount of stuff I get done isn't at the same level.  Mostly just from being concerned and all that of course, plus just being at home.

And yeah, everything is all in good fun!  Right now, humor and my photography keep me going for the most part.  Though at least now it's getting warmer so I can get back to riding my bike too to get out.  We can all use some good laughter through all this, at least!!

Start a spring photo thread. It’s time. I’d like to get my camera out again.

Start a spring photo thread. It’s time. I’d like to get my camera out again.

You should dust your camera off and get out there, for sure!!  Just walk around and see what catches your eye...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I’ve had at least one warning criteria snowfall every year I’ve been here since 2006...even this year.  

That's why it's incredible to go from that to almost nothing.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Wine, bark, beg. Whatev.

Whew! This KBS is awesome.

Good stuff. It will sneak up on ya. I bought the wine sized bottle.. my intention was not to drink it all tonight. Oh well!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

It has not happened yet though. Possible it may in the years to come. His area could become the equivalent of the western NC Piedmont climo. Yours would be like SE coastal NC. So are you predicting this with confidence?

33 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It has not happened yet though. Possible it may in the years to come. His area could become the equivalent of the western NC Piedmont climo. Yours would be like SE coastal NC. So are you predicting this with confidence?

Drink more before you engage.

On the home front, while letting the hh buzz die down (thanks, @C.A.P.E.), we got the cars cleaned and more importantly, I got the two new (used) 20 gallon kettles cleaned. Waiting for the pump and whirlpool arm from ups, and then it’s brew time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If true this area is finished indefinitely if hurricane climatology comes in line with temps.

52 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I've moved on to voddy tonics.B)

Mmmm vodka

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

:lmao:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a97c04eb8f66aca71c2

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Give me enough notice and I’ll try to make the trip down too.

• Like 1

Ok so decided to check out Tiger King on Netflix tonight. First episode down and wondering what the hell we are watching. Now we have to keep going to see what happens. Might need to have some drinks before starting the second episode. :drunk::guitar:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone needs to get a fvckin' whip and make those lazy GM workers work harder!

We NEED those damned VENTILATORS! Whip em until they build 500,000 ventilators! Torture 'em if you have to!

Extreme circumstances demand extreme measures!

GM said they'd make ventilators!

YOUR WORD IS WHO YOU ARE.

We dont got time for excuses! PEOPLE ARE DYIN!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so decided to check out Tiger King on Netflix tonight. First episode down and wondering what the hell we are watching. Now we have to keep going to see what happens. Might need to have some drinks before starting the second episode. :drunk::guitar:

I’ve never watched it. Did it get better? 

Shoot- 39 banter pages and only 8 obs pages? lol

There's still some nice cherry blossom blooms on local streets and at the Giant (at least as of yesterday).

Unfortunately, the first dandelions started blooming too.

That hasn’t been fun lately in Virginia. Too far south for any cold, and too far north for any of the thunderstorms! And, stuck at home. I’m not going crazy. That happened awhile ago.

17 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

Long version: The climate is shifting but you’re using the wrong indicators. What happened this year wasn’t out of the normal. Actually a year like this was due. Since 1950 there have been 6 years with less snow here than this year and 7 with less than 15”. Right now I’m somewhere around 12”. That’s an avg of one sub 15” year every 7.5 years. But it’s been since 2002 since we had one. That’s 17 years. We were very due. Plus many of those awful years were pattern matches to this year. This result happened every 10 years or so even in the old climate when this type of pattern happened.  When we start to see anomalously low snowfall results in what used to be snowier patterns that would be a better sign of climate change than what you are referencing. 

Short version:  you are an idiot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2