• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

February 17-18 Snow Potential

One thing about the Euro is that it shows there is a way to get big snow amounts even with a pretty strung out/positively tilted trough.  

6 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

1582070400-MjxfNTm708Y.png&key=6fd1e1180

lock it in

It will all melt a day later in this pattern... Have a winter camp out with my daughter next weekend and would *LOVE* a good snow.

Last year there was just like the map above... 12 inches of snow in Southern Wisconsin on Thursday and then it POURED rain most of the weekend... It was a sloppy muddy mess...

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

One thing about the Euro is that it shows there is a way to get big snow amounts even with a pretty strung out/positively tilted trough.  

If you just look at 500 mb, you think that is kind of a pathetic look for a big storm.  At least I did.  So again, may not end up big in the end but it is nice to see the Euro spit out those amounts.

floop-ecmwf_full-2020021212.500hv.conus.gif.975ddd91164c7c10c448dac776b38f21.gif

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

If you just look at 500 mb, you think that is kind of a pathetic look for a big storm.  At least I did.  So again, may not end up big in the end but it is nice to see the Euro spit out those amounts.

floop-ecmwf_full-2020021212.500hv.conus.gif.975ddd91164c7c10c448dac776b38f21.gif

Positive tilted, it is going to suffer from some of the same things this system is suffering from, especially if that northern piece speeds up. Which it more than likely should.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Should run farther north than the current storm.  We'll see what happens.

Can we wishcast and suggest it will follow the snowpack from the current system ....run south of the map above?

Please?

Need some help down here.....final call....1' + of rain

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Positive tilted, it is going to suffer from some of the same things this system is suffering from, especially if that northern piece speeds up. Which it more than likely should.

If we had a big neg tilt trough being progged then we could pretty much throw it out with how this season has gone :axe:.  Maybe just maybe we can see something good out of this setup.  Long way to go though.

13 minutes ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Can we wishcast and suggest it will follow the snowpack from the current system ....run south of the map above?

Please?

Need some help down here.....final call....1' + of rain

Congrats UP then

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IllinoisWedges said:

00z Euro, here comes the rain. Was nice while it lasted boys!

Maybe I’m just being a bit optimistic, but didn’t the blizzard of 2011 and 2015 flip flop between rain and snow at this distance. 

its still something to watch, especially while models have been consistently underperforming. 

3 hours ago, IllinoisWedges said:

00z Euro, here comes the rain. Was nice while it lasted boys!

might not be a bad thing to get rid of today's 3-4" and wash off the salt residue before the warm up. Funny thing, now I see LOT only has upper 20's for highs next Wednesday. Dealayed, not denied I suspect.

It’s gonna be a rainer

It’s a no-brainer

There will no snow in my container

I’m not trying to be a complainer

But NWS should put me on retainer

I’m not following this storm so I’ll be saner

If Hoosier wants to ban me for this, I’ll catch you all later

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1